thirdform

pass the sick bucket

Sounds like pendulum but even worse, proper frat boy and daughter of UN war criminal music.

anyway there's a whole drumstep playlist for you.

Only Amrikans and Canadians could rape jungle/dnb like this.

Diseased nations.

The worst of Bad Company sounds positively sublime compared to this.

I kind of admire how hideously wrong you need to get even the techy end of dnb to make this.

craner

Beast of Burden
your anti 98-99 crusade, and @craner 's war against sophistication in hardcore and dnb production reminded me of this. Had it stuck in my head for an earworm as a day and almost made a thread for it on dogsonacid to ID it. I eventually remembered though. This is what your brats yankee children will be listening to and making.

You might want to disown your kids in advance. music for fookin koonts.

My what?

blissblogger

even @blissblogger can appreciate this one. new dumb n bass guilty pleasure.

I quite like it - those sort of scritchety sounds flickering across the stereofield - then there's that sort of oompah-oompah vamp, which is much more hardstyle or that kind of clean frictionless gabbertrance

but it's way too 4/4 thumpy for most of its (brief!) duration to be considered drum and bass surely?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I quite like it - those sort of scritchety sounds flickering across the stereofield - then there's that sort of oompah-oompah vamp, which is much more hardstyle or that kind of clean frictionless gabbertrance

but it's way too 4/4 thumpy for most of its (brief!) duration to be considered drum and bass surely?

Well it's made by a drum and bass dj, played at drum and bass raves, this is the sound of modern jump up. i mean, keep up with the times!

there's even a genre of dnb now called 4x4, (edm at 170 or something.) basically not like old jungle techno (although I heard Fracture is doing some cool stuff in that region.)

blissblogger

your anti 98-99 crusade,

wouldn't say it's a crusade, more like indelible memories of getting increasingly bored and fed up as '97 turned into '98, and eventually having to stop going to drum and bass nights... and then more or less switching my attention entirely to 2step garridge

if you happened to enter the scene at exactly that point, then probably it would have seemed really exciting, still -

but coming off having followed the sounds twists and turns since '92, it felt grim - leaden and deadening.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
wouldn't say it's a crusade, more like indelible memories of getting increasingly bored and fed up as '97 turned into '98, and eventually having to stop going to drum and bass nights... and then more or less switching my attention entirely to 2step garridge

if you happened to enter the scene at exactly that point, then probably it would have seemed really exciting, still -

but coming off having followed the sounds twists and turns since '92, it felt grim - leaden and deadening.

oh sure but you somewhat come across like an '88 shoomer.

Which is probably to do with the inherent limitations of dance music critique.