thirdform

pass the sick bucket
It's weird. some of this stuff is aging pretty well. same with minimal and electro house. I suppose because people started going back to inhibited aesthetics with the trance/ambient/prog house revivals and we are missing some true brashness, unless it's braindead instagram techno.

I don't know what that says about dance music, or us, or both.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket

ok cool sentiment but this one sounds like buying 12% pub gak off a future English Defence League wanker (sort of semi-fashy islamophobic luton town supporters, ftr) in 2003. I don't think Ivan Smagghe was thinking about that though.

this is exactly cheap and shit london gak rationalised into music form. the false 80s revivalism, sticky floors, posh university girls puking all over the place. It's got all that in sonic form.

luka

It's genuinely a good film.

It seemed like Michael Bay immaturity was restrained and his skills with action utilised well.

The action made sense, the jokes weren't AS bad and the script was digestible...I was surprised by how good the VFX was considering it was from 2007. He blended it really well.

The human characters were the weak point even in this film and just gets worse with each film.

I actually think he's gone downhill as a director since Pain & Gain but that's just my opinion.

It's just.....such a shame that he couldn't capitalise on the series because after the third one I just couldn't do it anymore which even then was just rehashing and remixing the same formula. His work ethic shows with filming and editing all of those scenes.

Anyways the OST was a notch above what I remember and the music choices were very nostalgic because those were the rock/emo days. Fond memories.

Seeing people putting the ending music + Linkin Park over other movies has been a fun meme online because for me it highlights the effectiveness of that editing/music choice.

ok cool sentiment but this one sounds like buying 12% pub gak off a future English Defence League wanker (sort of semi-fashy islamophobic luton town supporters, ftr) in 2003. I don't think Ivan Smagghe was thinking about that though.

this is exactly cheap and shit london gak rationalised into music form. the false 80s revivalism, sticky floors, posh university girls puking all over the place. It's got all that in sonic form.

Loved that blackstrobe one when it came out. It has that dark seedy pulse and spank that some deep tech was going for

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
it sounds a bit Dance Ecstasy 2001... gabbertrance

I'm not sure if I heard it outside this thread I would even have thought "drum and bass"

your anti 98-99 crusade, and @craner 's war against sophistication in hardcore and dnb production reminded me of this. Had it stuck in my head for an earworm as a day and almost made a thread for it on dogsonacid to ID it. I eventually remembered though. This is what your brats yankee children will be listening to and making.

You might want to disown your kids in advance. music for fookin koonts.