Indian Food

luka

maybe it's the best food. have to go out into the outer suburbs to find it though. special excursions into the hinterland.

shakahislop

like any food i suppose it's amazing how it gets twisted, pulled, converted depending on where it is, that thing of the cooks and the menus adapting day by day and year by year to the soil and people where they find themselves

luka

i wouldnt mind eating a traditional english curry house style meal again. poppodums with all the chutneys and the raw onion. samosas. chana massala. bombay potatoes. vegetable biriyani. brightly coloured curries with huge pools of oil on top. nan bread. i miss all that. it was delicious.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
maybe it's the best food. have to go out into the outer suburbs to find it though. special excursions into the hinterland.
I think we had a thread about this in the decade before last and it was decided that the best curry house in London (and perhaps the only good one at all, I can't remember) was in some godforsaken suburb-of-a-suburb in Zone 6.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
in berlin all the indian restaurants are run by pakistani that pretend to be indian

catalog

recipes for chicken masala

WakC1LF.jpg

QnqN5EJ.jpg

IdleRich

IdleRich
in berlin all the indian restaurants are run by pakistani that pretend to be indian
In East London most of the Indian restaurants are run by Bangladeshis from Sylhet region, though across the country it varies.

On Lisbon they are mainly Nepalese, though as Liza pointed out yesterday they are also running most of the Portuguese restaurants now too.

droid

Its nice - it is fried chicken after all. Ive cooked it with a dry batter in an air fryer. I generally find that Chinese or Korean fried chicken is more delicious for the same effort. Chicken Manchurian is a much more common recipe in the average curry house.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Its nice - it is fried chicken after all. Ive cooked it with a dry batter in an air fryer. I generally find that Chinese or Korean fried chicken is more delicious for the same effort. Chicken Manchurian is a much more common recipe in the average curry house.

I thought you were vegan? Or are these memories from a non-vegan past life?

luka

we don't have vegans on this board. Gus is a vegetarian. you might be mixing them up?