coronavirus detritus

shakahislop

they're grey. they look like suit trousers. i got them at uniqlo in 2017 and i've worn them about four times. they're good though. they make me look like a grey man.

martin

----
Here are some pics I took in late 2020/2021 during my daytime wanderings around Golders Green, Finchley and the Dollis Green Walk. I went back to Golders Green in September '22 and the 'Distancing Men' were barely shadows of their former selves.

ElPlTTtXIAQqJSm.gif
ElPmFOJX0AEk68_.gif

A heap of broken images, where the sun beats

20211209_091926.gif

20211209_112931.gif
20210921_105815.gif
20210921_084001.gif

20220217_120918.gif

20211209_093111.gif

And all this from a sigil to avoid having to go into the office. Careful what you wish for!

20210909_093722.gif

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah, there were loads of those wake-up-sheeple flyers and stuff around our way. Think they're all been peeled off now or just washed off by rain.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
One thing I still see hanging around is the permanent lockdown and the comprehensive Chinese-style social credit system that our vaccine passports evolved into. If only we'd listened to the warnings!

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
One thing I still see hanging around is the permanent lockdown and the comprehensive Chinese-style social credit system that our vaccine passports evolved into. If only we'd listened to the warnings!
Don't forget being shot on sight if you're outside without a mask, too.

mixed_biscuits

You see, you'd never believe this because you've clearly been hiding under the bed for the last few years but we actually had social credit and lockdown during Covid and I dare say we would still have both if the virus hadn't petered out as predicted by Farr's Law right at the start.

sufi

lala
I have just been on the tube
There are still plenty of one way system stickers, looking g a bit scuffed up now
But not much sign that anyone is still following the scheme - there must be other non-physical hangovers though
Still a few masked up folk,

Leo

You see, you'd never believe this because you've clearly been hiding under the bed for the last few years but we actually had social credit and lockdown during Covid and I dare say we would still have both if the virus hadn't petered out as predicted by Farr's Law right at the start.

Did it peter out because of Farr's Law (whatever the hell that is, can't be bothered to google it), or because of the effectiveness of vaccines and various precautions taken?

mixed_biscuits

Farr's Law is a very old epidemiological rule that applies to pandemics in general, stating that pandemics last two years with two big waves. Oxford CEBM reminded us about it at the start of the pandemic but everyone decided that it didn't reply to Covid for reasons unknown.

Leo

So do pandemics tend to last two years with two big waves on their own, or because of vaccines and precautions taken?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I must have missed the memo on social credit. There was furlough, if that's what you mean, which prevented widespread destitution - probably a good thing, if you think widespread destitution is bad?

But come on, you lot were telling anyone who'd listen that this was going to be "the new normal" forever and ever.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
So do pandemics tend to last two years with two big waves on their own, or because of vaccines and precautions taken?
It was a total coincidence that the rate of new cases fell of a cliff when the first lockdown was brought in, and then again a year later when the vaccine was rolled out, of course.