spiral tribe - the good bits

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Basically this will not include most of their dull freetekno productions, but when they were djing proper mutant metal beat scorching acid dance. 92-95 ish, can't find anything after that which is worthwhile. None of that dribbly bubbly hippie nonsense, strictly mentalizm.

I'll start, this is a great mix:

magnetic north, Cristian Vogel, djax, Unit Moebius etc.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
apparently you could get that jeff23 mix in French supermarkets.

Don't think the other party sound systems like Bedlam, bwpt, or Jibba recorded any tapes.

william_kent

full disclosure: I'm not upper class like a lot of the spiral tribe crew, no blue blood in my veins*, and I still have a problem with them claiming dominion over Castlemorton because I know the people who were driving the vehicles who were diverted by the Avon constabulary and who were the first to pull up on the common ( Hulme massive, etc., ), so I can't help but sneer at some of their claims at how they were responsible for the biggest free party in the UK, because, well, they're lying

* unless I subscribe to the myth of my clan where I'm actually descended from an Irish king who was exiled to Scotland...hmm..

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
full disclosure: I'm not upper class like a lot of the spiral tribe crew, no blue blood in my veins*, and I still have a problem with them claiming dominion over Castlemorton because I know the people who were driving the vehicles who were diverted by the Avon constabulary and who were the first to pull up on the common ( Hulme massive, etc., ), so I can't help but sneer at some of their claims at how they were responsible for the biggest free party in the UK, because, well, they're lying

* unless I subscribe to the myth of my clan where I'm actually descended from an Irish king who was exiled to Scotland...hmm..

Yeah most of them were a bunch of posho cunts weren't they?

One of them (not naming names) got really angry at me because I stuck one of their dj sets on the cloud (since removed cos I cba with the aggro.) Can send it over on the down low tho.

william_kent

and pre 95 i have problems with their vinyl
I mean, this was their big tune from 1992

Spiral Tribe - Forward The Revolution ( 1992 )

piss poor cod ragga

william_kent

imo they were only good when they played other peoples music.

no

Lady so and so having a top 20 hit with a do-over cover version of a tune by a poseur "artist" from the Hulme crescents whose flat i might have looted

Opus III - Fine Day

poor do-over of the ( allegedly paedo ) John Peel classic

Jane - Fine Day

( the poseur artist was called something or other Barton, he produced the Jane single, and he had a "thing" about wood, when we broke into his abandoned flat it was full of logs )

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
orbital sampled that opus 3 version right?

Never liked that sort of medieval pastoral dance music, reminds me too much of psytrance.

apart from

DJ Seduction - Sub Dub

medieval st vitus pillhead massif.

william_kent

there's an out of print book that I own called "travellers - voices of the new age nomads"

51p2nLXKNrL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

where I got really angry upon reading it because some dickhead from the spiral tribe started on about how about they were "taking tekno to the people" but the "people" just happened to be older "new age travellers" with kids who didn't want "tekno" and to be kept awake by the quack quack teknival sounds that the tribe played 24/7

I've been subjected to the snobbery of older "new age travellers" / "prana" / tipi people in my free festival days ( "oh please, no electric music, only ceilidh" ) - everyone ignored those moan arses, but I can sort of see how they might have been annoyed by the spiral aristocracy

anyway, the book is worth having because there is an interview with my brother's mate who ran Armageddon Sound ( lost to the mists of time ) and a really long and intricate interview with Rainbow Paul (? ) ( my memory may be failing me, but i remember the guy from a free festival where i might have seen the second greatest live show ever - Tibetan Ukrainian Mountain Troupe providing full on all night trip entertainment ) where he complains at length about how his marquee was stolen by the Tibetans, or something like that... he bears a grudge, that's for sure, but i found it highly entertaining nevertheless *

* I seem to remember that I can recall Rainbow whoever's name because the Tibetans were sort of taking the piss out of him over the PA, subtly calling him out for being a speed freak, all while they were dishing out mugs of psilocybin mushroom tea...