Gaslighting tech

sufi

lala
You know that feeling when you're not sure if it's going wrong or if you're just not understanding it or what?

Tech can force us into very mechanistic behaviour - e.g. tracking down bugs requires very systematic attention to detail
there's always this curve of new stuff that we are forced to adopt whether or not it's fully ready or whether we're fully ready for it that means we're always at the edge of our expertise, wandering baffled

sufi

lala
ive got no idea what youre on about but i can really picture youre face as i read it so i like it
really, you never got stuck in a loop no way to get out or move forward - click here to exit, are you sure you want to exit, click here to confirm, submit submit

linebaugh

I guess one can only buy smart tvs now as thats what we have and its one of the cheaper avaliable. Its a peice of shit. Drives me insane. I would love just a normal tv without apps that doesnt freeze up everytime I use it

linebaugh

Same goes for phones and computers. I assume theyre like this because the companies bloating them up with useless not quite ready software are in part financing the development of the new tech?

linebaugh

The chrome book was the best peice of technology i ever had. It booted up in 10 seconds, ran only the internet, never lagged or glitch and then promptly died after two years of bliss. No dragged out slow death, 'trouble shooting' or anything like that. It worked and then it didnt. On to the next.

linebaugh

I used to do my phones that way before tattooing neccesitated having a smart phone. Even at the end there the cheapest option at walmart wasnt always a flip phone though