RISE by EXTREME

luka

i think what impresses me the most is the total absence of imagination. being called extreme. looking like that. having a song called rebel. its so rote its fantastic. a steadfast refusal to do anything remotely imaginative. thats what i find inspiring.

luka

The second bit of the solo when it sounds like an arpeggiator is actually pretty good lads
hektor the vektor aka the human sine wave aka phil spectre said it has terrible 'sound seperation' i dont know what that means but it impressed me. im going to repeat that opinion about loads of things.

i think what impresses me the most is the total absence of imagination. being called extreme. looking like that. having a song called rebel. its so rote its fantastic. a steadfast refusal to do anything remotely imaginative. thats what i find inspiring.
are they australian? THIS IS TOTAL AUSTRALIA

luka

theyre too slick to be aussies. aussies would spend more time chasing birds, less time practicing nerd instruments

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Something about old men playing young men's music, esp young men's music from when THEY were young, it's the same with these 50 year old rappers still making boom bap stuff

It's sort of tragic but also admirable, these guys have never got an office job, they're playing thrash metal til the dementia kicks in

Better than what I've done

woops

is not like other people
I'm not sure i would have been aware of extreme if it weren't for the guitar mags of the 90s. guitar for the practicing musician was my favourite one

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It makes me wonder about virtuosity

Almost always terrible when it isn't subjugated in the interest of the listener/reader/watcher

But that isn't always true. A virtuosic skateboarder can be impressive to watch, for example. Or a footballer. Or whatever.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
But then there's people who are interested in technique above all else. For whom the technique is the point. People who enjoy "Rap God" by Eminem.

luka

It makes me wonder about virtuosity

Almost always terrible when it isn't subjugated in the interest of the listener/reader/watcher

But that isn't always true. A virtuosic skateboarder can be impressive to watch, for example. Or a footballer. Or whatever.
quintessential corpsey. make a statement then immeidately undermine yourself. the self-cancelling man.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Really admire these guys for not getting into Guinness and donuts like me, by their age I'll be a blob