how are your lots stomachs feeling

ghost

Four Loko was nuts. While by the numbers, it looks like buckfast, (12% ABV, 24oz can, 150mg caff, plus the taurine and guarana) people thought of it as being equivalent to beer, not wine, which meant you had people opening up multiple cans of the stuff an hour. It was also super cheap for the amount of alcohol you were getting.

That was a big thing in the 00s, moral scandals about energy drinks. There was one that made a big fuss in the US called "Cocaine" (it was actually just caffeine and taurine) that got hit both for being marketed as a street drug and for false advertising.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Four Loko was nuts. While by the numbers, it looks like buckfast, (12% ABV, 24oz can, 150mg caff, plus the taurine and guarana) people thought of it as being equivalent to beer, not wine, which meant you had people opening up multiple cans of the stuff an hour. It was also super cheap for the amount of alcohol you were getting.

That was a big thing in the 00s, moral scandals about energy drinks. There was one that made a big fuss in the US called "Cocaine" (it was actually just caffeine and taurine) that got hit both for being marketed as a street drug and for false advertising.
How thick would you have to be, though, to think that a drink on sale in a normal shop contained actual gak?

ghost

How thick would you have to be, though, to think that a drink on sale in a normal shop contained actual gak?

You'd be surprised about the stuff they actually do sell to truckers at gas stations stores here. All sorts of crazy pills, usually suitable both for driving a truck for ten hours and getting the world's most powerful boner. Dual-use technology. There's a guy who did a writeup once, absolutely legendary journalism, life on the line to review the gas station dick pills:

My favorite though is Stacker 2 Hornet, which makes the incredible graphic design choice to label each pill like a wasp.
original_d00e8932bf97dea2ac8805ea2e0c1a55.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You'd be surprised about the stuff they actually do sell to truckers at gas stations stores here. All sorts of crazy pills, usually suitable both for driving a truck for ten hours and getting the world's most powerful boner. Dual-use technology. There's a guy who did a writeup once, absolutely legendary journalism, life on the line to review the gas station dick pills:

My favorite though is Stacker 2 Hornet, which makes the incredible graphic design choice to label each pill like a wasp.
View attachment 15294
This is why I don't get luka's "death to America" schtick. Shit like this makes it abundantly clear that it's the best country.

ghost

Would be remiss to not also mention Rhino, which sells pills that allegedly have actions for as long as nine days, with seemingly random numbers in the top right corner. The way the scam works is that they sell ones that are "contaminated" with illegal substances, and then when they get a notice from the government, they change the formula to be something that doesn't work, and come out with a new one with a different number that does. Please note the shiny metal pill and the lenticular effect on the packaging.
rhino-69-double-500k-2packs-4-capsules-male-enhancement-pill.jpgrhinosuperload99-e1602937353608-768x1093.jpgrhinoxl-e1543854610774.jpg1.JPG

Leo

Would be remiss to not also mention Rhino, which sells pills that allegedly have actions for as long as nine days, with seemingly random numbers in the top right corner. The way the scam works is that they sell ones that are "contaminated" with illegal substances, and then when they get a notice from the government, they change the formula to be something that doesn't work, and come out with a new one with a different number that does. Please note the shiny metal pill and the lenticular effect on the packaging.
View attachment 15295View attachment 15296View attachment 15297View attachment 15298

No headache!

I get the size and stamina part, but what do they mean by"time"?

sus

Anyone here try Buckfast before? A so-called “tonic wine” made by the Benedictine monks, it’s presumably a fortified wine which tastes somewhat like a cola. Anyway apparently it’s popular within Irish hipster culture.
Reddit tells me it's illegal in the States apparently, for the same reason as 4Loko. You're claiming to have purchased some in LA? Or you outta the country?

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Reddit tells me it's illegal in the States apparently, for the same reason as 4Loko. You're claiming to have purchased some in LA? Or you outta the country?
Oh yeah I’ve been in Ireland for the last week, in Galway now.

Reactions: sus