club music with no drums

Mr. Naga Pickle

... [ blah blah blah - sex abuse allegations ] ....

how to separate the artist from the art?

a perennial question
haven't really been a fan since i saw him play a super boring set at DEMF in 2009,
but he was my favorite dj back in the 90s and it absolutely killed me to learn
what a ginormous piece of shit he is. as objectively great as a lot of his stuff
may be, it really is difficult for me to listen to nowadays.

fwiw, derrick may is no millionaire. he lives in an unremarkable detroit suburb
and still has to dj constantly to keep food on the table, mostly in places like
eastern europe, given that his name is mud pretty much everywhere else. i wouldn't
be too worried about his legal team coming after you for posting about his stupid
ass on dissensus :)

shakahislop

dub techno has a few examples

I've never been into falling asleep in a club so I've never been to 100% dub techno night *

Various Artists - Modulo 8.5 by Monolake

this is my favourite tune by the worst named act on the Chain Reaction label, it's actually T++ aka Torsten Pröfrock aka Horizontal Ground's 20.16.12.21.19.16.12.21.19. plus a whole host of aliases on the DiN label, and just to muddy the waters, this came out on Fat Cat records

it probably counts as "drumless", but there are ghosts of "hats"

I'm sure it'd clear the floor in a club unless you were a "big name" where you can open your set with a ten minute beatless tune and subsequently be lauded for your genius selection..."generating tension", "building a vibe" , etc

* this is a semi-lie, I once saw "rhythm & sound w/tikiman" live, they were the support act for...Merzbow...
what was merzbow like? he's top of my list of things I want to see but have never seen