Italy

luka

just lived off booze, the stale crisps they give you with your drink, and ice cream.

luka

you read a wikipedia article before you go on holiday? Whitby is a seaside town in Yorkshire, northern England, split by the River Esk.

Benny Bunter

I suppose it's like Spain,or most places,if you don't have a local to show you round it's unlikely you'll find any decent food

Benny Bunter

you read a wikipedia article before you go on holiday? Whitby is a seaside town in Yorkshire, northern England, split by the River Esk.
I'd probably spend 5 minutes on the net to find out what the best fish and chip shop is

luka

part of the problem with italy is everywhere looks terrible cos nothing is stylish and modern. you can't read the visual language or anything. like in most places you can tell by looking at fonts and interior decor if the food will be good. over there it all looks like a disaster zone.

Benny Bunter

Yeah that's what it's like here, often the shittiest looking place have the best food, or they might have one particular tapa that's good and that's it.

luka

it's weird being a tourist. quite demeaning really. sometimes you'll be thinking, what's all this about? why have i bothered to insert myself into this other country? am i just supposed to look at things?

Benny Bunter

Yeah I probably wouldn't bother visiting anywhere outside of Spain, UK and possibly Italy at this stage. Tourists are wankers really. Unless you've got some kind of connection or a special reason to go it'll always feels weird and a bit wrong

luka

Yeah I probably wouldn't bother visiting anywhere outside of Spain, UK and possibly Italy at this stage. Tourists are wankers really. Unless you've got some kind of connection or a special reason to go it'll always feels weird and a bit wrong
i dont think i'd go that far cos it seems important to peer at different places now and then. england is not europe but you can't understand england without seeing europe. it puts it in context. but it is weird and demeaning being a tourist. just a necessary evil really.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i dont think i'd go that far cos it seems important to peer at different places now and then. england is not europe but you can't understand england without seeing europe. it puts it in context. but it is weird and demeaning being a tourist. just a necessary evil really.

England is totally Europe. counterfeit Germans.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
only two ways to get around this dilemma
1) Germans aren't in fact europeans, and neither are Scandis. which would prove @shakahislop 's point, but West Asia sounds wrong in every respect.
2) Anglos are now counterfeit yanks, in the true fashion of dialectical reversal.

So which one is it?