Nukes and other explosions

sus

What do we make of a civilization whose primary form of entertainment, the action film, uses as its bread and butter the explosion? The rapid combustion of structure. Extreme increases in entropy. Molten metal. Matter mushrooming into gas plumes. Flashy, showy destruction. Films which feature extended scenes of great men battling among glass and steel skyscrapers which shatter, break, buckle, and collapse from the impact of their combat, a collateral damage? Here, we’ll see it in the swimming of the Tulkuns, supposedly peaceful, nonviolent animals, whose form of play nonetheless involves smashing entire coral reefs with their enormous tails. Whole ecosystems, entire cities, demolished, become rubble. In their joyful, mindless play, Shiva the Destroyer.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Few highlights

linebaugh

Apparently it's mostly a bunch of nerds talking about stuff

I'd go if it was just nukes going off for three hours
He says the bahgda vita line while fucking a women. She makes him read it in the original sanskript while sliding his cock in

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
a-nuclear-weapon-free-world.jpg

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
He says the bahgda vita line while fucking a women. She makes him read it in the original sanskript while sliding his cock in
So weird. Also weird when Niels Bohr calls him an “American Prometheus” to his face, as a nod to the title of the biography.

Gotta say, I was underwhelmed. Interstellar is one of my favorite films, and I think my expectations were too high for this one.