Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Has anyone here heard of This Part of Twitter, or TPOT? Apparently it’s some post-LessWrong Twitter milieu, and one of my roommates, Brooke, is an established figure in it. @mvuent @sus @linebaugh does this ring any bells?

• Haha
Reactions: sus

sus

TPOT is what formed and replaced post rationalism when the great covid influx hit Twitter in 2020

sus

When I saw the commune listing I thought "this is the most TPOT thing I've ever seen that isn't actually TPOT" so it's mildly disappointing to realize that yes, indeed it is in fact more TPOT

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Please luke, behave yourself.

As for events this week, there is a Wisdom Exchange event tomorrow afternoon, wherein the various other communes in the area presumably convene to, well, exchange wisdom. I may swing by there to see what its like. I was planning to schedule a matinee screening of Fantastic Mr Fox at that time, but alas that may need to wait.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I've managed to find a cafe in the area which serves espresso for $3.15, which I suspect may be the most accommodating option within reach.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Not much sticker-friendly surface in the neighborhood, surprisingly, an environ most hostile to my guerilla advertising tactics.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
At a party right now called the “Taiwan Straits Crisis Party” which I gather is somehow anticipatory of near-term geopolitical events, but which seems to have no regional theme aside from Asian snacks on a folding table.

• Haha
Reactions: sus

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
stick them to the backs of passers by. moving billboards.
A hearty slap on the back, a cheery "Oh hey, Dave, good to see you! How ya - oh I'm so sorry, I thought you were someone else", and they don't realise until they get home and take their jacket off.

Not to be used on women or on notably big/hard/crazy-looking guys, obviously.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
There was also a party the other night which purportedly involved poetry and a cage match, but I chose to stay at the bar, which was covered in stickers but to which I nonetheless forgot to bring mine.