luka

bored now. has to be said that even by the standards of the day capleton was an especially avid denouncer of buggerin'

luka

theres way more tunes but a lot of them are boring. these are the univeraslly acknowledged classics.

luka

theyre both equal in my mind but buju did do that sublime middlebrow album which you could argue elevates him

version

bored now. has to be said that even by the standards of the day capleton was an especially avid denouncer of buggerin'

Was reading an old interview with Sean Paul yesterday and he was complaining about the homophobia in dancehall holding it back commercially:

As dancehall's reputation has increased, so has scrutiny of its occasionally homophobic lyrics. It's sad to see that one of the evening's biggest songs belongs to TOK's gay-bashing Chi Chi Man. This is something that annoys Paul almost as much as it does gay-rights campaigner Peter Tatchell. "Sometimes people need to free up their thinking," he tuts, annoyed. "Right now my question to these dudes is, 'Why say it so many times?' It's really hurting the music on a monumental level." While the Americans here tonight seem pretty nonplussed, many UK concert promoters have been pressured by gay-rights groups to cancel gigs by particularly offending artists like Sizzla. "To me you should be smart enough to keep onto your career," he says. "If you want to be on MTV and BET, why keep doing it?"

guardian.com/music/2005/sep/24/popandrock2