luka

my dad got well stressed when he went lol they shook him down before he'd left the airport everyone was going can you not make a scene, just pay it lol, then all the roadblocks set up by gods knows who, police, local militas, theives. he didnt take to the climate. when my step sister took her australian they had bullets flying round them in a food riot so my dad got off lightly really

shakahislop

you must have been to nairobi? compare/contrast please
similarly sketchy perhaps - i got mugged twice in a single night in NBO, once at gunpoint, both times by cops

i watched that youtube last night and had some moments of nostalgie
Dunno. I think I've been to Nairobi three times, always short trips, but it never felt remotely threatening to me. It seemed like a big open green city with loads of modern malls and all of that. Probably depends a lot on where you go though as that doesn't tally with your story at all. Everyone told me not to walk around at night there and never have. By the time I started going Uber was a thing there actually which always makes getting around a billion times easier

Mr. Naga Pickle

@Mr. Naga Pickle here are the tunes that were on the radio in the car today :

Malembé by Maes & GIMS
No love by Ninho & Ayra Starr
Môgô Fariman by Roseline Layo
Coco & Chanel by SenSey'
Sans Cœur by Shay & Niska
WOW THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

None of these songs contain the exciting vagina lyrics you mention :( I will continue searching and report back with my findings :geek:

shakahislop

On the radio this evening:

Mundi by Tabu Ley Rochereau
Femme d'autrui by an unknown artist
Other trad sounding stuff that shazam couldn't figure out

And notable for how bad it is, this in a fancy restaurant last night:

Lovefool (Dalbani Remix) by Urselle

Mr. Naga Pickle

On the radio this evening:

Mundi by Tabu Ley Rochereau
Femme d'autrui by an unknown artist
Other trad sounding stuff that shazam couldn't figure out

And notable for how bad it is, this in a fancy restaurant last night:

Lovefool (Dalbani Remix) by Urselle
was this the fancy restaurant:

i've heard it's super good, if no!

shakahislop

was this the fancy restaurant:

i've heard it's super good, if no!
it wasn't that one, it's one that's right next to the cheapish hotel that i'm staying at, it's handy coz it's definitely dodgy to walk around the dark streets around the hotel at night (there's a guy with an AK sat outside the hotel which gives a sense of it) and figuring out taxis is a pain in the arse.