linebaugh

People who are into music as a concept. An abstract. People who are into the whole scene. It’s profane and self serving

dilbert1

People who are into music as a concept. An abstract.

What is it? Birdsong, the rush of air through foliage, the babble of a stream? Crackling of embers provides percussion. At length chant is codified in a myriad. In the background, a single sinewave tonic, well beyond.

We gathered here to enthuse - differences dissolving, endless iterations all subsumed in the chorus. We never knew what we would call it, and so we united under an ironic banner, reducing ourselves in infinity. We have here the most eloquent and the slowest of stumblers, gazing on each other in mock disbelief.

Can you hear that sound? A sketch of harmony, a dogged refusal to cease?
THE GRIME IN THE GUTTER THAT CONTAINS A COSMOS. IMG_6787.jpeg

linebaugh

What do these people listen to, in your experience
Whatever other people listen to. Blog music. No real genre distinction. I think people get really excited when they realize music is something you can participate in if you approach it as a sort of unified community but then at that point it’s not about the tunes any more is it

Reactions: sus

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Define being into music

If you mean people who do shit half-arsed reviews on YT then, yes, it would be a shame if they were all somehow killed

0bleak

I think this was probably when I was really 'getting into' music,

Does @Corpsey have anything to say?
Do they rate Joanna Newsom?

0bleak

funny thing is that I was talking to someone about Joanna Newsom just last night where they were pointing out my dislike for her music as a way to say that we don't really live in the same world when it comes to music

DLaurent

Overexposure is bad. If I only hung around 'music' people I'd be in a bad way. I'm still the only person I know of to have heard DJ P.J.s version of Computer Madness (Ghetto Madness). Would go in one ear and out the other if I said Way Out West sampled a The Alliance on Reinforced. And the only person who knows what a Horn-A-Pella is. In the circles I frequent most of the time anyway, I don't have to worry it's not credible as nobody cares.

Benny Bunter

I've only actively put on a song about 5 times in the last couple of years, I just don't care any more. Weird.