linebaugh

I think you’d have to be a rapper or athlete or some type of rich character like that to pull it off but I do kind of like them

The initial shock of approval wore off over the years it took to materialise. I'd rather own and drive a chunky retrofuturistic yangwang U8 (it floats, it turns on the spot, many other cool features) or the latest land cruiser.

1719825039830.png

1719825113635.png

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i really can't see how anyone might find the cybertruck cool to me it looks like only a certain kind of loser would drive one, i think mainly because i associate it with elon musk and he is to me the extreme opposite of "cool"

linebaugh

It has the same issue many futuristic minimalist looking things do in that it’s always going to look out of place and stupid on the cracked concrete covered in piss shit and grime driving past the exxon station and kebab spot but in a vacuum ya I think it looks kinda cool

linebaugh

Actually a good point. Makes me think it will be less cool in reality.
It’s why you’d have to be some cool rich character to pull it off and more generally futuristic minimalist design only works with massive architectural projects or very small hand held consumer goods- the size of the image must create its own context