video game influenced tracks

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
the quarta 12" that recently came out on hyperdub. i think it was done with a gameboy. 'sunset dub' and an 8-bit remix of '9 samurai.' it's surprisingly good. http://www.myspace.com/q330
Yeah I was dissing it up thread a bit. Haven't heard it out to be fair and I can see how the playfulness and crunchy texture might be quite refreshing in a dubstep context at the moment.

Found this out yesterday- Dot Rotten's "Real Talk" riddim samples the music from Shinobi II on Master System

ifp

great thread, i love all the jahtari stuff coming out at the moment.

Dubmood does some great gameboy ska (on the jahtari site i think), check out the cover of pressure drop. Vodska Dance has a tetris breakdown in the middle too.

and a couple more for the list: david e. sugar ft. ears - first ok, rusko - snes dub (kind of)

probably something i should know but whats the pacman track that goodz uses on switching songs 2?

tom pr

ikonika's 'phonelines vip' sounds like it could be off mega man or something (the whole mega man 2 & 3 soundtracks are amazing btw- speaking of music that's actually in computer games). the ikonika tune is also amazing, but probably isn't getting released properly..

hucks

Your Message Here
ikonika's 'phonelines vip' sounds like it could be off mega man or something (the whole mega man 2 & 3 soundtracks are amazing btw- speaking of music that's actually in computer games). the ikonika tune is also amazing, but probably isn't getting released properly..

Listening to that track right now as it goes. Shame it's not going to be released (how come you know, btw?). "Please" is pretty video gamey, too.

Benny Bunter

Isn't Joker's 'Snake eater' sampled off Metal Gear Solid? Sounds very James Bond though.

Sensible had all the best songs on computer games though. Anyone remember the theme tunes for Sensible World of Soccer and Cannon Fodder? They were well funny...:)

tom pr

Listening to that track right now as it goes. Shame it's not going to be released (how come you know, btw?). "Please" is pretty video gamey, too.
i sent her a message on myspace asking if she had any plans to release it & apparently she doesnt think it will be. proper shame- i think it's even better than 'please'.

the vocal bit on the joker track is definitely from metal gear solid 3; i've heard someone say that the strings are from james bond but i don't know if that's true or not.

you know what are really good? the original tracks here. can't remember the guys name off hand but he composed both snes secret of mana games and a playstation one i can't remember.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I used to spend hours on the sound test screen on Sonic 2.

At the time I thought I was just a tragic geek, but turns out I was a few steps away from being a cutting edge grime producer.

I was overjoyed to hear that there is a grime riddim of the second level theme, which was always my favourite.

That beat on Soulfood 3 for 'The Low Down' is fucking nuts.

D84

Last edited:

faustus

also zomby's got a track on the myspace called 'bubble bobble' which is pretty sick - bubble bobble was a WICKED bombaman style game on the apple mac (and prob PC) years ago. made by ambrosia iirc. had the sickest music of any game for me :claim:

couldn't say for sure the zomby track samples it but i imagine so