Favourite cheesy dance 'choon'-anthem

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Is Dead Or Alive's You Spin Me Right Round cheesy-but-excellent? Or is it simply, unadulteratedly excellent?

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Praga Khan - Injected With A Poison, love the piano hooks.
Would Armand van Helden - You Don't Know Me be considered cheesy enough? Top tune anyway, imo.
Scanning the previous choices, Don't You Want Me, The Dreamer and Pump Up The Jam would def all be favourites for me. Can probably think of others given a bit of time.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Is 'Music Sounds Better With You' cheese?

I secretly weep under the duvet to this, from the underducts.

I'm glad someone's made a thread like this. I was thinking the other day to do something similar. This is my top 5 of cheesey chart trance. I know very little about trance, and like even less. There seems to be one end of it which is unadulterated commercial 'euphoria', and the other more underground minimal side of things. And I would definitely choose the former. If a genre is to be so limited then you might as well make the most of those few elements. To my inexperienced ears trance is all about the kind of synths that if you held a key down on the keyboard the sound would go on forever, as opposed to a sound that is a pulse. The 'euphoric' (or emotional, as I like to call it) sound that trance tries to create is on paper a brilliant idea, but other genres are much better at the execution. That's probably because other styles have more freedom to play around with ideas. But when trance gets it right and marries it to cheesey vocals they are on to a winner.

Lost witness- Red Sun Rising
truly excellent song, could easily be reimagined as a folk song or somesuch

Freefall- Skydive
melody kicks in after a minute, good vocals come later.

Jam & Spoon- Right in the Night

A:Xus- When I fall in love (Stryke's blue vocal techsture mix)
Perhaps a little techy for trance, this is a reasonably cheese free interpretation of what makes good trance. As sampled by El-B & J Da Flex. Edit/ find on page/ 'stryke' to have a listen to this
http://mp3zr.com/?q=A:xus

Jersey Street- Cried me a river (boxsaga remix)
Its a house tune, but it's got this lovely laid back synth sound. Unfortunately this clip doesnt do it justice. It's the first tune played.
http://www.dancerecords.com/audio/114374.ram

Benny Bunter

Nice thread :D

Robin S - Show Me Love < I dunno if this is considered 'cheesy' at all but it might get dropped at a horrific cheese club as a moment of grace. One of my favourite dance vocals.
?

Anyone know what version of this tune Oneman plays near the beginning of that Night Slugs set from a while back? At least, I think its a remix of that song. Sounds amazing anyway...

crackerjack

Tricky Disco - Tricky Disco

Liberation III

Nomad - Devotion

Gino Latino - Welcome (is that right? - the one that goes 'house music all night long')

Every hip house record ever made, esp if they go "Tyree Cooper, the producer, awesome super..."

massrock

I know it's not cheesy, although I'm not quite sure what that means, but I'll take the opportunity to post this righteous piece of monomaniacal minimal massiveness.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

crackerjack

I know it's not cheesy, although I'm not quite sure what that means, but I'll take the opportunity to post this righteous piece of monomaniacal minimal massiveness.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

crackerjack likes this

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
Praga Khan - Injected With A Poison, love the piano hooks.

x100 yes, my favorite commercial rave anthem by far. also Noise Factory ripped the piano lines for a scorcher of their own - actually they did a # of terrific, fairly cheesy rave/ardkore tunes, which I find mildly amusing given Terry Tee's later incarnation as roots & culture bloodclart natty dread hardline junglist.

also:

Rozalla - Everybody's Free
Rachel Wallace - Tell Me Why, Feel This Way (you always knew Subbase was well dodgy)
any of Altern 8's big, stupid anthems
someone already said Messiah - Temple of Dreams, second that but Thunderdome is even better
N-Joi - Anthem - luvvit even tho it's not really Saffron singing, I like to pretend

great thread

massrock

This probably doesn't fit the brief either but fuckit.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Is it appropriate to mention the Oakenfold remix of Happy Mondays - Hallelujah in this thread? I always loved it anyway.
Perhaps not so much a 'cheesy choon' track (although imo those diva hooks are cheesy as hell!), as a 'crossover' type tune, that kind that was maybe popular with people who didn't like/know about dance music much usually (although obv I wasn't there at the time so could be talking shite).