GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

viktorvaughn

'I'm no longer human i've become an investment'

Don't the track with that line in it from the 2nd Phaze bootleg even make it onto the proper release? It's fucking amazing..

gumdrops

maybe they should get wiley to do HSBC or Halifax adverts.

and i detest emcees naval gazing.

all eminems fault, obv.

Last edited:
I get what your saying but

why is l man getting so much press? the guy is so shit. can some black emcee get this sort of push please?

he puts in the work. you (even I) can't deny that

plus he's maaad talented

and famously knows more about black history than most african/black mc's lol! what dvd was that on? risky roadz?

gumdrops

i dont really care how much someone puts in work if theyre crap. and personally i think he is crap. all the emo stuff is horrible to my ears. he sounds really cliched. my problem isnt that hes white, i like a lot of white rappers, just that it seems all the white emcees from your just jacks to plan bs to l mans seem to be getting more push than anyone else. i like plan b and stars in your eyes was good but theyre not THAT good.

Last edited:

viktorvaughn

It's a sick tune!!

Just loving the lyrics really, and the sing-song why in which they are delivered.

A part of this was created by me and my little brother
Wiley Kat and Dizzee Rascal on the front cover
Trust is just a word i don't trust my own mother
let alone baby mothers don't trust baby mothers.
I'm no longer human i've become an investment
It's just a gamble till you start to see recoupment

Too much navel gazing i bad but i think Wiley gets the right mixture between war talk and 'self-help' type tunes.

I totally get what you mean...in fact

i dont really care how much someone puts in work if theyre crap. and personally i think he is crap. all the emo stuff is horrible to my ears. he sounds really cliched. my problem isnt that hes white, i like a lot of white rappers, just that it seems all the white emcees from your just jacks to plan bs to l mans seem to be getting more push than anyone else. i like plan b and stars in your eyes was good but theyre not THAT good.

I feel you...trust me

(no homo obv lol)

maybe a new thread? not on no homo obviously lol...actually....

Snaps

snaps
I agree with Viktorvaughn. I think whenever Wiley does navel gaze he does it in a pressured charged sorta way, which is great. It's nearly always precise and tight, like the line in creeper vol.1: (I think)

Sometimes I've got somehting to live for,
other days blud I've got nothing to live for,
I ain't laughing and joking in the war no more

and because of that it never seems like just plain moaning or 'woe is me' talk (so often the case with lesser MC's and most indie artists.)

I'd rather a bit of navel gazing as long as it's intense. It suits the intensity of Grime I think and doesn't have to be tagged as emo or whatever.

What do people think of the war thing going on with Marcus Nasty, Trim and Wiley?
Seems to me that Wiley just cannot exist without war. It follows him around. Or he follows it.

Snaps

snaps
Imagine you gave Wiley the wrong change or something in a shop. I swear he'd take it as a personal rebuke! He'd be like
'Oi Oi Oi London. I swear this yute owes me another 10p.'
The guy is hooked on it.

Still he did call him a crackhead which ain't nice.

don_quixote

Trent End
from targets diary on the 1xtra site:

yesterday, weds 2nd i had the chance to go and feature on hmp wandsworth's very own radio station, radio wanno. its ran by inmates for the inmates of the prison, and they do a live show once a month, that i was a part of. ive visited people in prisons before, but ive never actually walked thru the wings where the guys are actually living! it was definitely a eye opener. the show went well, big shout to simon from north weezy, greek stuff and d.o.t and the rest of hmp wandsworth for havin me. even though i enjoyed my stay, it was good to know i was leaving again soon, unlike the guys i were with! from there it was back to roll deep studio's to meet the producers of a new show we're doing for itv. its about a comedian spending some time with us, learnin our culture, day to day lives etc.. and then perfroming a stand up act to us at the end. should be jokes though! managed to fit in some studio work aswell.

what what what

Snaps

snaps
Anyone heard Black the Ripper and Cookie 'Look Around'? It's on his myspace.
It has some good bars in it. What does it sample?
I really rate Black the Ripper. This movement of him Cookie and Chipmunk is definitely one of the top collectives after BBK and The Movement. Any one else feeling these guys?

Immryr

i havent heard any of the stuff theyve done together. ill have to check it out. ive always been a fan of cookie, and black the ripper is a pretty good mc, i just dont like the amount of hip hop on his mix tapes.

ill go have a look when i get home from work