GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

viktorvaughn

Dot is a coin-toss. One one hand, he's a bit too worried about projecting his 'street smarts' image. Posing with anti-Masonic DVDs, talking about the hood, etc. I'd hate to see him turn into the Jadakiss/Prodigy of grime.

But on the other hand, he's still a lot sharper than say Griminal. Not to mention as a producer, he's already rather creative to begin with. So he can avoid getting too stale.

I think he's great. Is he more concerned with appearing hard that say P Money or the next guy?

I guess i buy into the wacky genius thing a bit so anything silly like anti masoic dvds would add to his appeal for me!

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I like Dot Rotten; he is like a collected, slightly off-center version of Ghetto. I like his harmonizing choruses as well, except for the fact they make all his songs sound indistinguishable from each other. Never really understood why people rate him so highly as a producer though - he's had a few really great riddims, but a lot sound like boring 140bpm hip hop. Listen to all of those Rotten Riddim CDs he put out and you'll see what I mean. Don't get me wrong though, those Young Dot EPs were brilliant - especially the first one.

It really is a big shame he isn't in the OG'z anymore. On that topic though, is N.E. still there? He hasn't really appeared on anything OG related in a while has he?

viktorvaughn

So Trim has got a thing coming out mid november - 'Monkey Features'

I've got a thing in my trousers / and it aint my willy

haha

Obese is pretty funny too

I suffer from obesity / but your girl still wanna piece of me

CrowleyHead

I think he's great. Is he more concerned with appearing hard that say P Money or the next guy?

I guess i buy into the wacky genius thing a bit so anything silly like anti masoic dvds would add to his appeal for me!

I'd actually say P Money is less concerned, and actually more like Trim, because he enjoys using metaphor to hyper exaggerated levels ("Fruits And Veg" being the most obvious example). The big key is you can talk the 'greezy' talk, but you don't have to be so serious. It's why Tempz is on such a big rise, he's talking the usual goon vibe, but at the same time, he's hilariously over-dramatic.

Don't get me wrong though, I rate Dot Rotten. There's that freestyle with Griminal, Lil Narst, Bratt and Dot, and you can just tell the contrast; with Griminal, his delivery is so forced, and he's over-compensating... whereas with Dot, he just flows effortlessly... Also, waving around that damn DVD like a good, but eh.

alex

Do not read this.
I posted a thread on DSF, but had to mention it here, out to blackdown & grimebitch for addressing the Chipmunk issue. He was even in the Independant's "teen" issue of the information magazine last week. He will be in a mental breakdown phase before 29 if he carry's on.

john eden

male pale and stale
aim_high_the_revolution.jpg

please let this be good.

gumdrops

this trim set from sunday might be the best set ive heard this year. wouldnt mind if it was just trim but obese isnt bad either.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Yeah big up Blackdown for calling out Chipmunk, but really no mention of Big H's mixtape? I am astonished at the lack of enthusiasm on this forum over that CD. DJ Magic's mixtape is good and all, but it hasn't had anywhere near the positive reception in the grime scene that H's release has.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I've not heard more than the bits Logan is playing and they didn't do much for me tbh.

I recommend at least a couple listens. At the very least, from an objective report on the grime scene, it seems to be all anyone really talks about, bar P Money's release. It was received with virtually unanimous praise, and this doesn't happen very often. I mean, we're talking about Big H here! Meridian! (fingers crossed for Prez T comeback)

He is basically the anti-Chipmunk right now. He was on one of those youtube channels like Grime Daily the other day, without saying any particular names, lamenting grime MC's and their desire for commercial praise. On point, imo.

Last edited:

gumdrops

i hate prez t. worst member of meridian. terrible whiny voice.

magic's mix cd starts brilliantly but it loses the track a bit with bring your click and wheres my brother. logans keepin it grimy online mix is a bit more consistent i think.