GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

gumdrops

she needs to give her career a real overhaul. if she wanted, she could have really put a great grime album together, something like the kano album, but better, but i guess either her or her label are more interested in making her a poor mans lauryn hill. she deserves better than that last tax write off she released.

bruno

est malade
no, this time they mean it, and apologised for the delay and all (it was due out last year). i imagine they would do something like the deluge of 12s that accompanied the last one, but given the economic conditions.. probably not. i was surprised to hear that guns n roses 1 sold out its two first pressings, good for them. ruff sqwad, they're hard workers.

boomnoise

♫
well the economic conditions haven't been so bad to not justify the recent redux of volume one.

i think, and i've said this before, a grime download hub would be the way to go. create digital album of the best of ruff squad and that would shift units online i reckon.

bruno

est malade
boomnoise said:
well the economic conditions haven't been so bad to not justify the recent redux of volume one.
right, i was under the impression that grime sales were at an all time low. certainly the moaning at rwd and rinse forums is at an all time high! but the economy may have nothing to do with it, point taken.

ruff sqwad are special in that they seem to have a reasonable following that ensures units will shift, but they sounded a bit unsure of themselves on the 1xtra interview, as if sensing they might not be able to repeat the success of the first volume. and to be honest there was nothing on that showcase to compete with the sheer brilliance of jam pie, future and so on, at least to these ears. i hope to be proved wrong.

the 2nd lp wasn't that bad...I actually like it better

gumdrops said:
she needs to give her career a real overhaul. if she wanted, she could have really put a great grime album together, something like the kano album, but better, but i guess either her or her label are more interested in making her a poor mans lauryn hill. she deserves better than that last tax write off she released.

than the first. To say she's a poor man's lauryn is stupid frankly but I wish somebody would just leak the first original 'a little darker'....

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
bruno said:
right, i was under the impression that grime sales were at an all time low. certainly the moaning at rwd and rinse forums is at an all time high! but the economy may have nothing to do with it, point taken.

ruff sqwad are special in that they seem to have a reasonable following that ensures units will shift, but they sounded a bit unsure of themselves on the 1xtra interview, as if sensing they might not be able to repeat the success of the first volume. and to be honest there was nothing on that showcase to compete with the sheer brilliance of jam pie, future and so on, at least to these ears. i hope to be proved wrong.

Artists are still going on radio for the sake of going on radio. Deejays are bringing them on to drop "excloosives" rather than to work towards any specific project. There's been hardly any marketing behind Guns n Roses 2 for example.

No wonder the artists sound unsure, they haven't got a firm vision to look towards to keep fixated on to steady themselves. Most of it is all done shooting from the hip so to speak.

gumdrops

dan greenpeaces show on XFM had bruza and l dot man over the weekend... i think they might be the first grime artists hes had on

Tha Megatron

Did anyone catch the short piece on Grime on BET this morning on "The Chop Up"? I videotaped it (too broke for TiVo) so now im trying to get it on my computer soon as I can and YouTube this thing. It was pretty cool and seem to have focused alot on the social aspects of the inner cities of London and how it sort of ties in with the music. Im not sure if this was shown in the UK on another TV/News station yet but if not I'll try to get it up on the net soon as possible for yall to check out.

Sightings in the video include:

Kano
N.A.S.T.Y. Crew
Ghetto
Lethal B
Jammer
No Lay
Logan Sama
The Trident Division (this part was new to me)
Westwood
Chantelle Fiddy
and a few others i might have missed.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Sharon Carpenter came over and put the piece together. She was really brilliant to work with and the whole team put a huge amount of effort into going round and meeting a lot of people in their week out here. I was really impressed that someone from such a big station would put such time and effort into a particularly small piece on Grime when we don't even see that level of investment from people in this country.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Tha Megatron

I hope i can get it to look good because the VHS quality was full of static and pretty poor from the recording (didnt have access to digital cable from home). Im hoping when it gets converted it will be somewhat watchable but at least for the most part most of the footage has semi-rocognizable faces on there and the audio is just fine as well.

Should be up within the next week so be on the look out people

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Tha Megatron said:
I hope i can get it to look good because the VHS quality was full of static and pretty poor from the recording (didnt have access to digital cable from home). Im hoping when it gets converted it will be somewhat watchable but at least for the most part most of the footage has semi-rocognizable faces on there and the audio is just fine as well.

Should be up within the next week so be on the look out people

Leave the static on man! It might look wicked with it kept semi-recognizable, seriously. "Non-broadcast quality".

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Tracklisting 17/07/2006....Neckle Camp Guests

Listen back for 7days online if you missed the show; <a href="http://www.whatson.com/kiss">CLICK HERE</a> and scroll down the list of DJs to select <b>Logan Sama</b>

THE STREETS / PRANGING OUT REMIX / 679
WILEY FT FRISCO / CHECKMATE / BOY BETTER KNOW
ROADSIDE GEEZ FT TOWER T / AIR FORCE / RSG
PRESIDENT T FT JME / HEARD WHAT I SAID / DUB
RUFF SQWAD / XTRA VOCAL / RUFF SQWAD
DVA FT ZOE & SCORCHER / COME LETS FLY / DVA
J2K / IM GONE / DUB
FRISCO FT WILEY / CAN'T TEST ME / BOY BETTER KNOW
FRISCO FT SKEPTA / WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU / BOY BETTER KNOW
RIKO FT GODSGIFT & WILEY / BAZOOKA FREESTYLE / DUB
NEWHAM GENERALS / MC'S DON'T KNOW / DIRTEE STANK

<b>***NECKLE CAMP IN THE STUDIO***</b>
NECKLE CAMP / JEZEBEL / NECKLE RECORDS
NECKLE CAMP / GHOST TOWN / NECKLE RECORDS
NECKLE CAMP / REPRAZENT / NECKLE CAMP
NECKLE TIMES / SERIOUS TIMES / NECKLE CAMP
<b>***NECKLE CAMP ON THE MIC***</b>
NEWHAM GENERALS / BIG BAND / DIRTEE STANK
JON E CASH / DO IT / BLACK OPS
JAMMER / SHANGOOLI / JAH MEK DA WORLD
OXIDE / RAP DIS / SO SOLID
FOOTSIE / HIT IT / DIRTEE STANK
JAMMER / ARMY / LOCKED ON
FOOTSIE / SHOWERMAN / DIRTEE STANK
ROSSI B & LUCA / NOBODY KNOWS / A.R.M.Y.
WILEY / APRIL FOOL / DUB
SKEPTA / REGGAE / BOY BETTER KNOW
FOOTSIE / IT'S WAR VIP / BRAINDEAD
THE RUNNERS / HUSTLIN INST / DEF JAM
GEENEUS / DARK BEAT / DUMPVALVE
SKEPTA / TINGLES INST / BOY BETTER KNOW
ORIS JAY / BIGGIN UP DA MASSIVE / UKUNDERGROUND

You can download the mix session here from my Myspace music player

NECKLE CAMP FT NEWHAM GENERALS / LONDON TING / NECKLE RECORDS

MS DYNAMITE & PURPLE / STILL BREATHIN / ILLASTATE
BIG MIGHTY / FLAVA TO THE GRIME / DUB
DOCTOR / GOTTA MAN / GPP
ALESHA FT NASTY JACK, STORMIN, WARIKO & DOCTOR / SUPERFICIAL (RIPPERMAN REMIX) / POLYDOR
STATIK & BABY CHAM / GHETTO STORY / DUB
ROLL DEEP FT DOOLITTLE / AMUSED / ROLL DEEP

DJ Lioness

This free mixtape is the prelude to Faction's second mixtape, The Fact Remains. The freestyles were orignally compiled for the Kiss 100 Freestyle challenge and played on Logan Sama's show over 15 weeks.
Download the mixtape and make sure you pass it on to everyone in your area and on your MSN contact list.

If there are any problems/questions leave a message in here. Also if you use any forums or websites where you haven't seen me post this, please copy and paste all the information from this thread and let people know.

www.myspace.com/factiong
www.myspace.com/committeeuk
www.myspace.com/djlogansama
www.myspace.com/djlioness

matteroffactsxx9.jpg

Download it here