GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Logos

Ghosts of my life
Big nice one Logan.

I've got a question about an old track - did the roll deep freestyle on the 'No' riddim called 'E3's finest' ever find its way on to a mixtape? Anyone know?

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
I said this on RWD but I'll say it here too. Everyone DL that War Report pack Logan put up above (see 'freeness, again'). It's an 80 MB download that is totally worth it purely for Wiley's final apocalyptic fatality killing blow 6 minute dub for The Movement. He's angry, focused and generally on fire, finishing their recent War in one vehement 6 minute marathon tune. This is why I still love grime. Get it.

Logos

Ghosts of my life
I said this on RWD but I'll say it here too. Everyone DL that War Report pack Logan put up above (see 'freeness, again'). It's an 80 MB download that is totally worth it purely for Wiley's final apocalyptic fatality killing blow 6 minute dub for The Movement. He's angry, focused and generally on fire, finishing their recent War in one vehement 6 minute marathon tune. This is why I still love grime. Get it.

Yeah its nuts...when everything drops out in the middle, just the hi hat, then blamm!

S

simon silverdollar

HUGE track. best grime MCing i've heard since doogz' 'black man freestyle' all those years ago.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Yeah, was listening to this today, and it's great. I do think that Crash Bandicoot is my favorite current lyric of his. That's simply amazing.

He's an astonishing MC. One of the best on the planet.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Wiley definetely swept up in that last reply with his flow, but still he took a vicious blow by Ghetto. When I first heard Ghetto's reply I thought that was Wiley's career over.

Wiley may have still have come out having a good look, but Ghetto definetely one-upped him as a war MC.

On the whole though, I still think Boy Better Know, while maybe not as battle-worthy as some of The Movement's members, are far more endearing to listen to.

gumdrops

He's an astonishing MC. One of the best on the planet.

each to their own of course but theres about ten MCs in grime alone that are way better than wiley.

i got dj wonders album. not heard it all yet but the gods gift freestyle is so good (the beat reminds me a bit of something by the bug or warrior queen but less abrasive). from a quick listen, the production is generally good (undertaker with the horrible rock guitar samples is a bit ponderous and goes nowhere really but would probably fit quite well in a bad british crime thriller) but a lot of the MCing lets it down.

Last edited:
S

simon silverdollar

where'd you get wonder's album from? couldn't find it in either ukrecorshop or rhythm division

gumdrops

someone burnt it for me, i think its only on promo at the moment. bizarrely, i think the gemma fox track might actually be my favourite next to the gods gift one. a few too many tracks are a bit inert... i know thats wonders style to be ultra ultra minimal but it gets a bit boring when it just feels like theres nothing happening. and when the beats are amazing, a lot of the vocalists are kinda crappy. still, the bruza track is good (theme is almost identical to kanos what have you done though). i dont know why bruza never did anything with the mitchell brothers - he should actually have been an honorary member. all in all the album reminds me a bit of the skream one, its a bit of a grab bag.

Last edited:

gumdrops

grab bag as in its hit and miss
it has call my name on it, yep, that beat is excellent (as is the one for faction g)

elgato

I just dont know
ah i see

yeh the tracklist for skream has some phenomenal tracks, but i see it more of a bumper-pack dj tool than a cohesive whole, and there are some average tunes on there imo

call my name is amazing, heard it ages ago on a mix but never thought it'd get out due to the sampling

i hope it gets a single release