Halloween Tunes... What Would You Drop In A Halloween Dj Set?

tryptych

waiting for a time
This reminds me of of my first DJ gig outside of people's houses... playing at a university halloween party in Cambridge. My friend, who sorted it out, decided I should play dark hip-hop, jungle etc, but no one put what kind of music it was on the posters. I had a horrible night fending off drunk students demanding Abba. It was very demoralising.

petergunn

plywood violin
spun a halloween party on friday, some things:

misfits- almost anysong, i played "die die, my darling"
black sabbath- black sabbath "oh pleae god help me!"
dr dre and ice cube- natural born killaz , dre's craziest beat ever..
wiley- eskimo (devil mix)
kilslug- red devil ...flipper style post hardcore sludge
some dick hyman moog stuff
the sonics- the witch
whodini- haunted house of rock
some manson family stuff
three 6 mafia- i ain't ya friend
dr. dooom- body bag
some gravediggaz stuff
don't shake me lucifer- roky erickson
scarface- hand of a dead body (regular mix and drum n bass mix...)
r.i.p- remarc

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
Last Halloween, opened set with Misfits- Halloween. Seemed appropriate. Year before that, I managed to play Ministry-Every Day is Halloween like 5 times. It was the song of the year.

This year, Im working on throwing in a lot of Sisters of Mercy into a Dark Breaks/Grime/Dark elektro set.

Gotta play this !!! remix, cant remember the name of the track, but the chorus is "Like i give a fuck, like i give a shit"....

And, anything on Control Tower records.

Dont have my records in front of me, and Im terrible with track/artist names. But I love that dark breaks.

mms

sometimes
i had the album sabotage by black sabbath when i was about 9 and i ended up really scaring myself after listening to it far too much on my walkman, one track in particular with the scary laughing on it - i recently bought it again on cd to try and relieve that one.

D

droid

Hold the phone people. Heres the definitive halloween tune(s).

rap-vote.jpg

Freddy Rap 1

Freddy Rap 2

Only problem now is - which is better??

Big ups to this lad for the Mp3s...

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
Ed Rush - Bludclot Artattack (still the best trackname ever) "I've got a ticket to hell"

One of the tracks on the Flower Swing EP by Jammin' Unit is really spooky.

henry s

Street Fighting Man
that old jungle track (artist name slips me) that samples "Boyz N' The Hood", with the woman screaming "Rickyyyy!" over and over again...that's pretty scary...

D

droid

Thats 'Ricky' by Remarc and Lewi Cifer on Dollar Records. Theres another horror tune called Cape Fear on the same EP.

What about the hardcore classic, Evil Dead sampling 'Scottie' by Subnation? -

"We're all gonna die - Youre not gonna die! - SCOTTIE!"