luka

I've got the killer inside me. tried that once or twice before. it's competent but not the best noir stuff

on Monday i read HHhH the world war two book with added author reflexivity
you doesnt like these kind of posts on the literature forum. they enrage him.

Timewriter

Billy's done 'bird' and digs Bird!

511CU6yWULL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

william_kent

Judas Pig - Interview With The Author

features revelations about what a pussy Ranking Dread allegedly was, racist comments about how there is no such thing as yardies, etc.,

Timewriter

Judas Pig - Interview With The Author

features revelations about what a pussy Ranking Dread allegedly was, racist comments about how there is no such thing as yardies, etc.,
Yes, I've seen that. I thought he just said the Yardies weren't the force the police made them out to be. Could be misremembering though.

william_kent

Yes, I've seen that. I thought he just said the Yardies weren't the force the police made them out to be. Could be misremembering though.

yeah, he was saying there was no such thing as "yardies" as an organised thing, but there was there was an implication of racism about the way he says it, like his "firm" of four guys from Canning Town was superior in all respects to a couple of guys from Peckham running around with no structure, etc..

Timewriter

By his standards and those applicable to villainy they were minor league though, presumably? That's not 'racist', just a fact. I doubt very much that they were a threat to his 'crew'.

luka

By his standards and those applicable to villainy they were minor league though, presumably? That's not 'racist', just a fact. I doubt very much that they were a threat to his 'crew'.
doubt they had the same institutional protection. my mum got me a book about 'the longfellow' seems like they had a lot of friends in high places

william_kent

doubt they had the same institutional protection. my mum got me a book about 'the longfellow' seems like they had a lot of friends in high places

was it this one?

1681303756935.png

there's a hilarious bit where he causes aggro at a pigeon fancier event because according to the number one pigeon magazine he wasn't all that when it came to pigeon affairs

Timewriter

I'm curious about which institutions protected those villains. I don't know who 'the longfellow' was.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I've got the killer inside me. tried that once or twice before. it's competent but not the best noir stuff
What is then? Maybe that one is famous cos it's unusual in being from the point of view of the murderer. I dunno how unique that is in book form but I can't think of noir films that have no goodie like that.