DUBSTEP- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

tryptych

waiting for a time
i CAN'T stop listening to shackleton, play the singles all the time and just downloaded the 70-minute dubsta mix from the skull disco website, wicked. it's like he's already moved beyond dubstep, love the muslimgauze-esque vibe.

What's the story with that mix... is it all Skull Disco tracks? I've only got one othe Skull Disco 12"s...

A right proper soundclash between DMZ, loefah and kode9 vs scuba, caspa, pinch and headhunter would sort it out. My money would be on the latter bunch.

Post wobblebass and halfstep. About bloody time.

elgato

I just dont know
A right proper soundclash between DMZ, loefah and kode9 vs scuba, caspa, pinch and headhunter would sort it out. My money would be on the latter bunch.

you're joking right

its not about competition and who's best etc, but come on man surely you must be getting former and latter mixed up

Leo

What's the story with that mix... is it all Skull Disco tracks? I've only got one othe Skull Disco 12"s...

it's all shackleton...skull disco stuff, some tracks that are out/going to come out on other labels (scuba/hot flush, clandestine, mordant), some that won't be released (like the cutty ranks' "limb by limb" remix). here's the tracklist:

Shackleton - Mixed By DubSTa
01.Stalker
02.Fumes
03.Out of order
04.Qwack (Spell Shackleton remix)
05.In the next world
06.NDoki
07.Eat my word
08.Majestic visions
09.Make me cry
10.New dawn
11.Tala rasa
12.Blood in my hand
13.I want to eat you
14.Tin fail sky
15.Massacre
16.Language of the beast
17.Naked
18.Limb by limb

UFO over easy

online mahjong
System is off the hook. I'm getting tired of people trying to imitate it, but it's honestly the original halfstep tune I reckon. Defined a whole aspect of the sound. As elgato said it was the tune that really marked a change of direction for loefah, and for dubstep in general.

elgato

I just dont know
pretty sure the first time i heard it was july 2005, might be wrong though. as i remember, just before rufage, well before mud

but of course that doesnt mean this was the order in which they were made or unveiled, i was less up to date with rinse and suchlike back then, it was more dependent on the nights i made it to

does anyone know the name of that track of his (around 28g time) with the sound of a radar on the snare?

elgato

I just dont know
n-type 12/11/05 starting to come in at 26mins40, coming out of dominion by benga

such an incredible tune, so fucking deep. definately in the mould of 28g, i guess thats why it never came out. but two elements really make it... the vocal sample, and the radar, a very obvious touch when you think about it, but it brings such a vibe. wish this had made it out :( it makes fools of 90% of vinyl releases coming out at the moment

i remember the first time i saw loefah in bristol he dropped this and it completely defined that halfstep feeling for me...before it turned into another archetype structure to wrap an lfo around...where you just sink into it, the bass and fx swirling through you as the drums jerk your body along. god. it makes my hairs stand on end just thinking about it

those dark smoky (empty!) rooms at the croft

i miss my honeymoon period!

mms

sometimes
System is off the hook. I'm getting tired of people trying to imitate it, but it's honestly the original halfstep tune I reckon. Defined a whole aspect of the sound. As elgato said it was the tune that really marked a change of direction for loefah, and for dubstep in general.

Eh?
it sounds to me to be a not very exciting example of a style loefah has been developing and mastering for about two years or so.

elgato

I just dont know
system was the first track that i heard in that vein

i definately wouldnt say its the original halfstep tune, but to me theres clearly a distinction between his 28g, goat stare etc era material and the likes of mud, rufage, yourz etc, both in terms of aesthetic and goals. for me, system was the first of these, where the emphasis is on weight rather than depth and meditation, and also began the move towards a harsh, distinctly electronic aesthetic. clearly theres a progression, but that doesnt mean that distinct eras or styles are indiscernable.

as for it not being exciting, thats a matter of opinion, but it still gets me going as much as it ever did when i hear it out, wheras other tracks perhaps do not. it doesnt do the trick so much at home, but in a club its a completely different tune

gek-opel

entered apprentice
Ive not heard those yet... any mixes with them in you'd point me towards...?

DMZ are very much "on" at the moment, so many tunes that point the way forward, when are they ever gonna get round to releasing them?! I think if anything they are getting better...

elgato

I just dont know
yeh this is a massive tune. ive been caning the mala@kiss set, its unbelievable. mala is the number one producer in the game in my opinion, and has been for quite some time. his originality seemingly knows no bounds, he just keeps bringing fresh styles. but this tune is particularly mad, love the drums in a major way. the bass sounds like the creaking of speakers!

do you know learn? that is a similarly deep and crazy tune. everyone interested in dubstep should download that mala set i reckon. only irritation for me is the fair number of pretty (imo) average coki tunes bringing it down, and loefah's wreck the discotech, which im not too keen on either :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.