Great 2 Step?

drilla

help! anyone know who did that ridiculously amazing rolling bootleg rub of 'heard it all before' by sunshine anderson? it's SO good it can't be that unknown but i only have a very dodgy mp3 clip of it from my friends summer mixtape from a few years ago, he has no idea who it is. does anyone know where i might be able to get it?

i found one on slsk that might be the one... 'anonymous people remix'.. erm helpful heh. there are a loads of mixes of it.

_20_ Sunshine Anderson - Heard It All Before _Annoymous People Remix_.mp3 - 6.22MB

Anyone know who does this Brandy remix?

also, long shot but does anyone have El-b's Brandy remix 'never say never' as an mp3?

Caught El-b in Dublin on saturday there, most i've danced in years, ear to ear cheeser through his whole set.. played some great funky at the start that i didn't recognise. Great sets from Colz and co before too, nice one lads!

dystopia

Speaking of Steve Gurley, here's the 2 hour mix he did for the 1Xtra Garage weekend in Summer 2004. The news bulletins have been edited out. It's not quite as good as the Steve Gurley mix that was on this thread a few months ago, but it's still nice.

Part 1
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gc3dns

Part 2
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yrpxmc

Part 3
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hjcqsm

I'll scan the tracklisting in tomorow. 1Xtra really should do another garage weekend, it was around 72 hours long.
Does anyone have these? would love to be able to hear them ;)

glottis5

vimothy

yurp
Yeah, it totally rules. I noticed that sample about the money -- I'm not clued up on dubstep, but is MJ playing wobble?

Yeah it's this only tune i don't like on the mix actually. I grabbed that off FACT yesterday to find it's just the Bodytonic mix again.. sweet mix tho, stand out tunes are Gotta have it and Ayo remix.

wise

bare BARE BONES
Yeah, it totally rules. I noticed that sample about the money -- I'm not clued up on dubstep, but is MJ playing wobble?

Yeah but with some steppy beats mixed underneath which makesit a little more acceptable.

Anyone know if any of MJ's new stuff has hit vinyl yet?

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
Playing the MJ Cole mix they've got up at FACT quite a lot at the moment...

add another vote for this mix, fantastic (except for that wobbly bit near the end). ending w/We Are Ie is a stroke of nuumological genius innit. I'm entirely not clued in to dubstep or garage or funky, but fairly surprised that out of all the big UKG dons MJ Cole is the one (or one of the ones) to have reinvented himself as a fwd-thinking DJ of various strands of underground UK music, I would've put him down for gratuitous remixes of 3rd-rate indie bands. so kudos to him I guess.

question about track ID - who/what is the tune around 31:40 w/the "Work!" chant? also the second to last tune, the one that leads into We Are Ie?

Last edited:

wise

bare BARE BONES
The Work one is some kind of remix or bootleg of Work by Masters at Work feat Puppah Nas T & Denise

there are 26 versions listed on discogs and a whole load of boots besides as the acapella was released as well.

Kenny Dope tribal mix is the best IMHO but it's not the one on this mix.