Euthanasia

luka

everyone imagines that the ppl who take advantage of it will be ppl who really need it, but why would that be the only case? what if ppl also choose to do so bc for eg they're depressed?

there a debate there about hether mental uffering i ore than phyical uffering

muser

I'm very pro euthanasia, obviously don't euthanise depressed people / people with any condition that is severely effecting rational thought or general cognition.

muser

Perhaps in the sense that different kinds of physical pain (duration / intensity etc) may give you a different perspective on how bad it actually is.

I'd say wanting to die, without suffering from depression, due to a painful and incurable condition is inherently more rational. Humans can't be entirely rational, we still have to be able to make decisions.

luka

I think it will its a enormous shift in an unexamined but deep rooted attitide to the 'sanctity of life'

luka

its meddling ith something very basic fundamental but then again that is quite fun

muser

Pain isn't less real I agree, suffering is suffering. Still it's not impossible to be able to tell who can have their suffering end without being euthanised and who can't.

muser

If they are nice it might keep a lot of people from killing themselves, the scientists will give them confidence

luka

is life unendurable can only be a subjective question ansered only by the sujfferer