what ails you?

version

Opened a really stiff ring pull earlier with a freshly-trimmed thumbnail and just realised it tore the skin underneath a bit after peeling two satsumas and feeling like someone stuck a pin under there. Stupid how painful some of those little injuries can be.

woops

is not like other people
Opened a really stiff ring pull earlier with a freshly-trimmed thumbnail and just realised it tore the skin underneath a bit after peeling two satsumas and feeling like someone stuck a pin under there. Stupid how painful some of those little injuries can be.
i've had similar injuries biting my fingernails and yeah it can fuckimg kill and stop you sleeping

version

I was doing that pained laugh thing you do when you hit your funny bone whilst peeling this satsuma... "Hoo hooo!"

woops

is not like other people
i was knocked over in the street once by a speeding moment and when i got up the first thing i did was crack up laughing, dunno what that was about

version

I had a similar reaction after being in a car crash. I think it was relief at being more or less unharmed and just the rush of the situation coming out.

woops

is not like other people
I had a similar reaction after being in a car crash. I think it was relief at being more or less unharmed and just the rush of the situation coming out.
one kind of poster would reply that's awful version, i hope no one else was injured either but i'm not that kind of poster for some reason

version

Everybody was fine. I didn't have my seatbelt on and got thrown about a bit, but it wasn't particularly bad. Some bloke just pulled into the side of us and caved my door in. Nobody was going fast. It was strange though, I looked out of the window on my side and somehow just knew he wasn't stopping. It was as though I saw the whole thing in slow motion then it suddenly sped up at the moment of impact.

version

I've no idea whether it's true, but I wonder if it's something to do with adrenaline. Perhaps some sort of defense mechanism kicks in which sharpens your responses and gives you that bit more time to get out of the way. Of course, I was in a car and just had to watch it happen in slow mo.

I've heard stories about athletes having a similar experience when they're on form, tennis balls looking bigger or appearing to move more slowly.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Has anyone else got, or recently had, an absolute cunt of a cough? I came down with some bug at the weekend and the main symptom has been a dry, hacking cough that was so bad last night that I felt like I was going to puke from the muscle spasms. There's no fever and a covid test was negative, so I guess it's 'just' a cold, but this morning I felt like I'd stayed up all night with Willie Nelson, Snoop Dogg and Tricky.

Took the day as sick leave and I'm enjoying the sunshine in the garden with my shirt off, self-medicating with poppy tea (which is genuinely helping a lot) and reading Ligotti, so I'm feeling a lot better now.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You may want to get a PCR test. BA.5 seems to be evading a lot of rapid tests, and the main symptom is a throat like broken glass and an awful dry hacking cough.
Really? Hadn't heard that. I might do if it doesn't abate, but it seems to be on the wane for now.

droid

Yeah, a lot of reports of RAT's not showing positive until days after symptoms. Could just be a bad cold or RSV ofc.

Leo

Ever bite your tongue (not figuratively)? I did last week and it was sore every time I ate for almost four days. contemplated going to the doctor to have him take a look but was held back by the embarrassment of my sheer absentminded stupidity. your jaws are pretty powerful, can get a fair amount of pressure/force going when chomping into a big mouthful, really hammered the left side of the tongue. hurts just thinking about it.

also whacked the side of my thumb on the metal bedpost, hit it square on the bone on the side and that fucker is still kind tender a week later when I apply pressure, wouldn't be surprised if there's a hairline fracture.

worse part is as you get old, the bruise that used to heal in two days now linger for a week.

enjoy it while you got it, boys!

Last edited:

version

Ever bite your tongue (not figuratively). I did last week and it was sore every time I ate for about almost four days. contemplated going to the doctor to have him take a look but was held back by the embarrassment of my sheer absentminded stupidity. your jaws are pretty powerful, can get a fair amount of force going when chomping into a big mouthful, really hammered the left side of the tongue. hurts just thinking about it.

The inside of your cheek's a bad one too.

Reactions: Leo