Rome_III-01-1-e1496887332938.png

The Roads of Ancient Rome Visualized in the Style of Modern Subway Maps

Version

O9A INSIGHT ROLE
hoodmaps.com

I heard this described as "open street maps meets 4chan"

1727470438250.png

@shakahislop ? accurate?

top left, someone accurately described the location of "the elderly gentleman from Reading", one of the original nine members of the O9A, aka "order of nine members", I might have told a story once about how a herbalist friend answered a small ad only to turn up at the interview at a house in reading where the walls were adorned with engravings of "Roman wrestling"?

shakahislop

hoodmaps.com

I heard this described as "open street maps meets 4chan"

View attachment 20270

@shakahislop ? accurate?

top left, someone accurately described the location of "the elderly gentleman from Reading", one of the original nine members of the O9A, aka "order of nine members", I might have told a story once about how a herbalist friend answered a small ad only to turn up at the interview at a house in reading where the walls were adorned with engravings of "Roman wrestling"?
how dare they say such a thing about the madstad. i don't know what Dirty Jakes refers and i don't know what the nonce part refers to. reading deserves more discussion in general. what's that ballard book about shopping centers? that made me think of reading. it's fucking mad to me as well that reading looks like queens or dubai now, the crossroads of the world, a mad blend of polish people hijabis africans arabs jamaicans, everyone. a total musical desert. there were punk shows going on here and there and some indie venue in the town center trying to make it work but it's so fucking many people and zero musical action

Version

O9A INSIGHT ROLE
how dare they say such a thing about the madstad. i don't know what Dirty Jakes refers and i don't know what the nonce part refers to. reading deserves more discussion in general. what's that ballard book about shopping centers? that made me think of reading. it's fucking mad to me as well that reading looks like queens or dubai now, the crossroads of the world, a mad blend of polish people hijabis africans arabs jamaicans, everyone. a total musical desert. there were punk shows going on here and there and some indie venue in the town center trying to make it work but it's so fucking many people and zero musical action

it's never been the same since The Target ( behind the butts centre ) and that one opposite the train station both got paved over

Version

O9A INSIGHT ROLE
@shakahislop I was confused by the "CHAVERSHAM" tag - as far as I can recall that area is all mansions next to the Thames with their own private piers and shit?

shakahislop

@shakahislop I was confused by the "CHAVERSHAM" tag - as far as I can recall that area is all mansions next to the Thames with their own private piers and shit?
dunno it just looks normal to me loads of kebabs and turkish barbers etc. there's caversham heights that's a different thing. i had a ladyfriend there and used to walk up from the station, her house was absolutely massive. her parents hated me, which was fair enough, coz we were like 19. there was a sort of air of stress coming from them and the house. like they had the nice house but were having to work so hard to pay the mortgage for it that probably, for them, it wasn't worth it, they were trapped, it was a burden. getting a nespreso machine but stressing about how quickly you're going through the pods. she was class though. she had a train ticket that allowed her to travel infinitely for free anywhere in the country and they'd even give her cups of tea. i was hiding in train toilets and had an intimate knowledge of the automated barriers they were putting in and how long you could keep using a pair of open returns (months unless the ticket inspector comes). there was an inequality of train travel. i was constantly ending up in places like Blackwater on the platform waiting an hour for the next train coz i'd seen the inspector coming and had to jump off before he got to me. a dark rider.

Version

O9A INSIGHT ROLE
dunno it just looks normal to m

maybe I'm confused, I went to a "festival" once in Reading and there was a river and on the other side there were big houses with yachts and piers and servants - was that not Caversham? or am I confused as usual?

shakahislop

maybe I'm confused, I went to a "festival" once in Reading and there was a river and on the other side there were big houses with yachts and piers and servants - was that not Caversham? or am I confused as usual?
don't know really i've never been to Reading, i'm just using my imagination

Version

O9A INSIGHT ROLE
i'm going to make up a load of stuff about how i'm in japan and what japan is like

I've done that for years now and no one falls for it

I even faked photos of German Football Hooligan stickers desecrating sacred sites and no one commented, you'd be wasting your time

1727502258050.png