Are pure Garage sounds still being made?

trilliam

sarah lockharts story was so inspiring i had to put it down and remind myself im washed. great example of how a dedicated raver is so much more capable of being a trainspotter/tastemaker than any critic, journo, whatever

version

re photos, it's very hard to upload them now, there was a whole thing when the migration happened, the photos take up too much space. so only small file sizes work, or you have to get an imgur account. or find a photo online like you have done.
You can just use Postimage. You don't need an account.

luka

id forgotten all about Muggs but then a few years ago he was all over my facebook constantly, im not even frinds with him on facebook but all i could see on facebook was him going on about how all Palestinians should be herded up and killed. it was my first real encounter with what would become the all powerful centrist dads coalition.

luka

just this endless raging all day every day. high blood pressure ranting and spluttering.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Silkie's cool. Didn't know he made grime but not really surprised cause it's-a-london-thing-thing.

City limits vol 1&2 were cool. This slaps when the bass drops. If it doesn't then what's wrong with it? Too polite? Not enough gunshots fx for dissensus?

Yeah I rate Silkie. Also not post-dubstep in any conceivable sense of the term. There's always been that smoother side to dubstep.

luka

its the most depressing thing in the world. like being force fed Walls sausages and real ale. getting your body smeared with coronation chicken.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
id forgotten all about Muggs but then a few years ago he was all over my facebook constantly, im not even frinds with him on facebook but all i could see on facebook was him going on about how all Palestinians should be herded up and killed. it was my first real encounter with what would become the all powerful centrist dads coalition.

i always feel like I want to get into a debate with muggs defenders or detractors but then it always dawns on me that he's ultimately a PR journo and its not worth it. Like I can't think of any music he's gone on the record about actively disliking. And I know he does dislike things, but can't bight the hand that feeds you i guess. But then he seems to lean into that it's all the same man, which it is but like there are class tensions between even like gabber and mixmag so its not even a road vs intelligent thing fundamentally, it goes deeper than that.

catalog

Didn't do himself any favours with this

Q1sXY0F.jpg

catalog

He should get back on here, we'd have a laugh. It's good if there's some people who actually write for things.

wild greens

I think the interesting thing about post dubstep or UK bass (before it actually became UK bass) is that it's actually a scene that was invented by a group of 10-15 reasonably eclectic djs who were clearly bored shitless by dubstep and instead mined uk history for their sets.

Easily dismissed now because a lot of the subsequent production was largely shit but the core of the scene was really a load of parties and marginal dj sets grabbing bits of funky, bassline, garage and lost/found 12s that fit into the mythology. This was a novelty to the people who went to these clubs because London had been so boring for at least a year before, unless you were going the grown & sexy house raves that become funky. (I was not).

Much maligned now but the early raves were pretty good. Dem2 butting upto da posse 12s or whatever, it was a good novelty. I was really bored of going to stuff like fwd by then it had turned into bristol

It was only when stereotypical "white boys" actually started making music to fit into the structural idea that it all fell apart.

As for Joe Muggs what else is he meant to do. I feel for all these music journalists in a way because its a terrible career choice, are you meant to be 50 and still pretending to like this dickhead 19 year old playing pentatonic keys in order to get your 1000 words commissioned to put money on the British gas key.

Really it's a poor choice. At least he puts himself out there though I guess. Get a book published blag some money from the pr section of red bull because they want to invent credibility alongside your bmx champs et al