version

EqBfSnsXcAc1V8_

version

Kevin and maxwells daughter?
The dad of someone on the Pynchon sub knew Spacey back in the day,

"My pops roomed with Kevin in the 70s, directed him in his first off broadway show (Barry Keefes Barbarians for the curious) and yeah, apparently he was as weird as expected. He'd made little cards with his "daily routine" before bed so he could wake up to them as if he had a personal assistant making them. and he had a copy of Plato's republic where he drilled holes from the cover to each instance of the word "boys" in the text. Said he also made rent by doing Jack Lemmon impressions and chatting up NYC theatre celebs, bumming meals and somehow getting tipped, until one day he didn't and my dad held his clothes hostage as ransom for the rent lol"

Leo

No indication so far as to who did it but would not surprise me in the least if it was MAGA related.

Leo

Merry Xmas, boy!

The Great Reset is the latest conspiracy fantasy – it will not be the last

If you were running a shady cabal dedicated to controlling the world, it’s unlikely you’d advertise it on a website.

But perhaps that’s just me: according to a loose assemblage of anti-vaccine campaigners and conspiracy theorists, and given a platform by Russian state propaganda, that’s exactly what’s happening. Their strain of thinking alleges that the global pandemic is a ruse to mould society to a set of restrictions and goals, and that the plan was hatched long before a novel coronavirus (supposing it exists at all) emerged in Wuhan. The agents of this conspiracy may surprise you: they are the World Economic Forum (WEF), based in Switzerland.

The WEF issued a call in May, gaining the support of Prince Charles, for a summit of world leaders to discuss the twin challenges of climate change and economic recovery from the global pandemic. It did so under the label of the Great Reset. The noun phrase is an essentially empty slogan that anyone can interpret to their taste, but it conveys the essential message that the world was unprepared for the current crisis and needs to become more resilient to external shocks. In a broadcast this week, it was used by Justin Trudeau, the Canadian prime minister, as a call for action.

And then it took off. To those who see global policymakers as malign and scheming rather than basically well-intentioned, it was a sign that the whole experience of lockdown had been long planned. The propaganda apparatus of the Putin regime has for many months published wild allegations from obscure bloggers that the Great Reset is code for oligarchs to amass wealth and control populations. As one of them wrote last month for Russia Today: “The production and supply of goods will be coordinated by a central directorate, led not by elected representatives (whose roles, where they exist, will be nominal anyway) but by technocrat factotums.”

There is, of course, no evidence whatever for any of this, but watch how the Great Reset is suddenly gaining traction in the discourse of paranoia.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
To those who see global policymakers as malign and scheming rather than basically well-intentioned

This seems like a critical distinction, in terms of who believes what, and what beliefs aggregate into ideological trends.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
From what few interviews I've seen of congresspeople, I tend to get the impression that a good chunk of them (to use a technical phrase) are well-intentioned. But I can also see where such an impression can boil down to some degree of faith.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Also, as I;ve said before, I just doubt the cerebral capacity of any would-be caballer. Unless there is a boardroom of Steve Bannons out there somewhere, or uberbannons.

edit: but even Bannon seems insufficiently equipped.