Hip-Hop - breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Norma Snockers said:
You pulled me up on my spelling because you are a pedantic nerd FACT :D

Whatever, dude. I don't pull up people I like on their spelling, because they have myriad other qualities to offer. Sadly for you, you have nothing else to offer. Unless it's extremely well hidden...

Norma Snockers

baboon2004 said:
Whatever, dude. I don't pull up people I like on their spelling, because they have myriad other qualities to offer. Sadly for you, you have nothing else to offer. Unless it's extremely well hidden...

Cheer up.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I'm actually in a very good mood! lol

Anyway, we're gonna have to call this argument over dude. You're clearly not up to it ;)

Norma Snockers

baboon2004 said:
I'm actually in a very good mood! lol

Anyway, we're gonna have to call this argument over dude. You're clearly not up to it ;)

What would I have to do to get into your nerd crew to protect me from your hum drum attacks?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Norma Snockers said:
What would I have to do to get into your nerd crew to protect me from your hum drum attacks?

Jeez, this man is quite literally a moron. Or did you just have a brain tumour for breakfast?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Anyway, back to the point (sorry to everyone else for the digression) - hyphy is fun, vibrant and evrything that music should be.

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
Norma Snockers said:
Each new twist on hip hop doesn't equal great, Hyphy is crap in my opinion, it's souless dire drivvle made not for the 'klubs' but for the hopefull dollar.

Oh right. You live in the bay area and you know how people react to it in the clubs. People go crazy for hyphy in the clubs- here at least.

In addition alot of hyphy artists are not doing it only for the money- they have set up indy labels, do their own promotion and barely make ends meet. So it aint for the money.

You are straight up wrong about the souless part as well. There are alot of new songs coming out now that are full of soul and have that hyphy feel.
One off the top of my head is called "cocaine" by clyde carson.

Its funny i remember people saying the same stuff about hip hop in 1983.

Hyphy has energy it is fun, it is cross cultural, it is informative, it has soul and it has lots of energy.

Last edited:

Norma Snockers

dubble-u-c said:
Oh right. You live in the bay area and you know how people react to it in the clubs here. I happen to dj it and people go crazy for hyphy here in the bay.

You are straight up wrong about the souless part as well. There are alot of new songs coming out now that are full of soul and have that hyphy feel.
One off the top of my head is called "cocaine" by clyde carson.

Its funny i remember people saying the same stuff about hip hop in 1983.

Hyphy has energy it is fun, it is cross cultural, it is informative, it has soul and it has lots of energy.

I'll check that track out..

People saying something in 1983 doesn't negate my opinion on Hyphy so far.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Norma Snockers said:
embarrassing ;)

I find it genuinely terrifying that you seem to consider yourself possessed of a keen wit. Still, I guess the comedy scene's not what it was in Iceland...

Dubble-u-c : "Its funny i remember people saying the same stuff about hip hop in 1983."

Precisely. Sad that the pattern repeats itself for every vibrant new scene that comes up. On the other hand, the haters never have any fun :)

Norma Snockers

baboon2004 said:
I find it genuinely terrifying that you seem to consider yourself possessed of a keen wit. Still, I guess the comedy scene's not what it was in Iceland...

Dubble-u-c : "Its funny i remember people saying the same stuff about hip hop in 1983."

Precisely. Sad that the pattern repeats itself for every vibrant new scene that comes up. On the other hand, the haters never have any fun :)

Don't make it worse for yourself nerd.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Don't get it twisted...

I think music should be accesible and enjoyable as well....to a point. As far as what hip hop I listen to...that's all a matter of personal preference. I can't sit through movies like Dodgeball, Happy Madison, etc. But 40 Year Old Virgin and Anchorman I actually do like...I just won't buy them on DVD or anything to that effect...I'll rent them and watch them on Netflix and return them that day. I rent those movies that tend to be international, documentaries, disturbing or depressing....this are the movies I usually keep for a while, watch multiple times and end up buying...the only "comedy" in my 200+ DVD collection is "Clerks"...this gives you an idea as to the type of person I am. I liked "Tell Me When To Go", "Super Hyphy", "Gangsta Party", "So Fly", "Poppin' My Collar", etc. but none of it moved me enough to spend money on the singles or purchase a full album of material like that. That's not me...I own Aceyalone and Divine Styler CD's as well as Little Brother, Slum Village and Clipse CD's. It was no big deal to like Kid N' Play, Kwame, KMD, Brand Nubian, Poor Righteous Teachers, Kool G. Rap, Ice T and The D.O.C....it was all considered hip hop and no one would bat an eyelash to see these tapes or CD's in the same collection. Nowadays, the music is so divided that a Nelly fan would NEVER own every Roots album. The only place you can see a Nelly CD near a Roots CD is in a damn record store...The game done changed, recognize and realize it. One.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Norma Snockers said:
Don't make it worse for yourself nerd.

Why, are you going to 'do me in'?

Dude, you've called me a nerd about five times, based on the fact that you can't spell and have no charm, and that I happened to notice both these things. You've really got no plan B, have you?

Norma Snockers

baboon2004 said:
Why, are you going to 'do me in'?

Dude, you've called me a nerd about five times, based on the fact that you can't spell and have no charm, and that I happened to notice both these things. You've really got no plan B, have you?

I don't need a plan B, and I don't need to find a different name for you, you, are a nerd. :D

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Sweetheart, are you autistic?

Anyways, I'm outta here. Norma dear, when I get back I expect you to have acquired a personality, OK?

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Ok....can we focus here?

This thread WAS a hip hop discussion...can't you two just PM each other these back and forth digs and spare us having to read this unrelated to the topic at hand bullsh*t? Thanks...appreciate it. One.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
My tracks for this week are the Obie Trice 'Cry now' original and remix - never though much of him as a coherent artist before but just loving this track, the beat is fantastic, and the EMC track '4 brothers', new group formed by Masta Ace, Wordsworth, Punchline and Stricklan. I know it's been around for a while but hiphopdx just posted it again and it prompted me to a relisten. Rockin stuff.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Oh yes

mistersloane said:
My tracks for this week are the Obie Trice 'Cry now' original and remix - never though much of him as a coherent artist before but just loving this track, the beat is fantastic, and the EMC track '4 brothers', new group formed by Masta Ace, Wordsworth, Punchline and Stricklan. I know it's been around for a while but hiphopdx just posted it again and it prompted me to a relisten. Rockin stuff.

The EMC album should be forthcoming from M3 Records as Masta Ace, Sticklin, Punchline and Wordsworth compromise the entire emcee portion of that labels roster. Hell of a song. Hopefully, Obie's album doesn't flop like the last few Aftermath/Interscope releases have. One.

Status
Not open for further replies.