Vinyl Pressing: Tips and Specs

I don't know the answer to that.

The strong Euro vs weak pound has killed it for pressing in Europe if you are British.

I just had a UK pressing plant put up the prices on me in between processing my lacquers and pressing the records. Dunno if we can even get the metalwork back or if I'll be forced to pay what they are now asking for pressings.

It's all doom n gloom again :-(

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
I don't know the answer to that.

The strong Euro vs weak pound has killed it for pressing in Europe if you are British.

I just had a UK pressing plant put up the prices on me in between processing my lacquers and pressing the records. Dunno if we can even get the metalwork back or if I'll be forced to pay what they are now asking for pressings.

It's all doom n gloom again :-(

If they gave you a quote and you agreed they can't change the price on you, it's illegal to do so - we've had this happen to us before and I got them to back down - worth a go Edward.

knock-on from distros going bust without paying them

... knock on from shops not paying distros. lots of shops you would expect to be cool aren't.

If they gave you a quote and you agreed they can't change the price on you, it's illegal to do so - we've had this happen to us before and I got them to back down - worth a go Edward.

Yeah of course, I will be on the case.
But I don't think I had a quote, I just used the same place for a while and expected the price to stay the same or at least to be warned BEFORE they started the job that it would be going up.

:-/

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
Yeah of course, I will be on the case.
But I don't think I had a quote, I just used the same place for a while and expected the price to stay the same or at least to be warned BEFORE they started the job that it would be going up.

:-/

Bummer, time to bring out the ole loyal customer and skint artist script :)

DJ PIMP

As an aside, is it correct that most club PAs are mono? I've seen this repeated so many times on so many forums... but surely this isn't the case. Mono????

nochexxx

harco pronting
As an aside, is it correct that most club PAs are mono? I've seen this repeated so many times on so many forums... but surely this isn't the case. Mono????

subs are more commonly in mono. the rest should always be in stereo.

reeltoreel

Maybe not most, but definitely some. When you're dealing with really strange room shapes and high SPLs, mono-ing everything can help kick things into shape. You can get a kind of clarity that's difficult to achieve with stereo in most situations. Stereo's great if you've got a top quality system and a room that's capable of delivering good imaging, but it's pretty rare to get this in most club environments. Mono is a useful tool...

nochexxx

harco pronting
interesting to hear what he had to say about the benefits of volume, about there being more room to work with the sound. incidentally i had my first record cut at porky's and i remember rumors about this guys ears being ragged.

after watching this vid i warmed to him immencely.