Where have the UFOs gone?

zhao

there are no accidents
even if you tell people and explain to them how things are done, people will still want to believe in a far fetched unprovable, load of popycock, this is the nature of people.

sure, that is one. yet another "nature of people" is that they are absolutely resistant of new information which threatens their existing belief system.

let it be stated that I am not sure one way or another regarding crop circles - just seen and heard stuff that is right bizzare, and some of it don't add up. like, at all.

R.A.W mixing up his 'luminati numerology with the Sirius B nexus? (nothing special happened when I was 23 - except copious amounts of excellent weed being smoked) wow! joined together, it is an over arching, meta-uber-everything-conspiracy! (I'm down)

mms

sometimes
sure, that is one. yet another "nature of people" is that they are absolutely resistant of new information which threatens their existing belief system.
yeah sorry that was a bit shit of me to say that thing about peoples 'nature', although in understanding things and trying to work them out, quite often the 'spooky' 'answer' is the least interesting really and the one that requires the least understanding explanation or commitment to thought or wonder really, it's much easier to blame some unexplained 'other' thing than to be remarkably impressed by what and how these things come about and maybe even adapt or apply the ideas or phenomena to other things subjects, even be incredibly impressed and amazed by the abilities and wonder of the world around us. i'm not really into human nature anyway, its a bit of a boring/ignorant idea.

Last edited:
P

Parson

human nature is a whole lot more interesting if you consider 57 varieties of catalogged alien species from other star systems, and at least some with humanoid physical features

if its true, it turns what we know about human evolution on its head

mms

sometimes
human nature is a whole lot more interesting if you consider 57 varieties of catalogged alien species from other star systems, and at least some with humanoid physical features

if its true, it turns what we know about human evolution on its head

maybe but this doesn't really have anything to do with what i was talking about with zhao.
when i hear 57 varieties i'm reminded of baked beans.

P

Parson

yeah i'm just trying to turn discussion back to the disclosure project

zhao

there are no accidents
quite often the 'spooky' 'answer' is the least interesting really and the one that requires the least understanding explanation or commitment to thought or wonder really, it's much easier to blame some unexplained 'other' thing than to be remarkably impressed by what and how these things come about ... by the abilities and wonder of the world around us.

you are referring to the "superstition" model, where people blame a common cold on demons.
but I think "modern" man has just as many superstions -- a main one is belief in his rationality as the ultimate measure/tool with which to "solve" all problems. not to mention "spiritual" or "supernatural" phenomenon, even science itself -- quantum physics demonstrate how euclidean geometry and "logic" as we know it break down. I think the total reliance on our left hemispheric rationality is one of the downfalls of the modern world, and has created many many problems for us, the effect of some of which are only beggining to be felt; I think over-rational "faith" in science, logic and technology has made us and is making us and will make us suffer in many ways.

i'm not really into human nature anyway, its a bit of a boring/ignorant idea.

absolutely. any claim of "human nature" can only reek of the personal agenda of the person or party making the claim. there is no such thing -- humans can be angels or monsters, can get used to anything, and is above all else, maleable.

yeah the disclosure project... sorry I'm behind, will be checking those vids soon... maybe tonight. get back to you freaks later.

Guybrush

Dittohead
Happy New Year freaks.

Did anyone hear about the incident at O'Hare Airport in Chicago? It's been in the news quite a bit here...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16472286/site/newsweek/

I had not heard about it before and that article was very interesting. I wonder what all the secrecy is for? Disclosing that we have some alien friends would probably do more good than harm, I would say (= unite the earthlings against ‘the others’ :().

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
It's so sad when someone in one of those Disclosure Project videos talks about how they hope the incoming administration will take the oportunity to investigate and come clean about this stuff. It's 2001.

mms

sometimes
you are referring to the "superstition" model, where people blame a common cold on demons.

no i'm not i'm referring to the 'one measures a circle beginning anywhere' model, rather than what you've done which is to jump to a different conclusion.

but I think "modern" man has just as many superstions -- a main one is belief in his rationality as the ultimate measure/tool with which to "solve" all problems. not to mention "spiritual" or "supernatural" phenomenon, even science itself -- quantum physics demonstrate how euclidean geometry and "logic" as we know it break down.

quantum physics, which you used to measure a 'rationality as a superstition' is interestingly thought to be a very imperfect model by most physicists, i was discussing it with a doctor of physics the other day and she was saying it's not good enough, it's models are something you ca do mathematically or cam work as a programmed model but it's just an idea, a proposal.

there are many questions and answers posed by the world which don't fall into science's datastream, usually this is because science has to get funding. but science is one of the few areas where it's naturally opposed to post modern thinking.

but if you find this mysterious place governed by rationality can you show me it, as the world i live in is governed too often by cold nosed selfishness and faith based politics, the kind of place where say the 'miracles' of uri geller means that he's been recently asked to speak to the us governement about the problems of the iraq war.
also you seem to equate rationality with a kind of totalitarianisim, which seems odd given the power of faith in irational ideas. i would have thought you would have a more balanced view.

I think the total reliance on our left hemispheric rationality is one of the downfalls of the modern world.

unfortunatley the left /right brain idea is a bit of simplified pseudoscience, that's come about thru pop science, as is the idea that you only use 10% of your brain, if you ever fall for that one either.

absolutely. any claim of "human nature" can only reek of the personal agenda of the person or party making the claim. there is no such thing -- humans can be angels or monsters, can get used to anything, and is above all else, maleable.

i quite agree, i've said practically the same thing on this site quite often.

regarding this disclosure project, it seems quite dodgy to me, who is Steve Greer, leader of the project and what are the credentials of the witnesses, who are they and why do they use the disclosure project.

If the US govt is going to disclose anything, which is very unlikely as I don't think anyone actually knows what's going on ort perhaps even check this stuff much anymore, then they will do it on their own terms.
Maybe people like David Greer and the way the disclosure project runs, (like a cult from the persented evidence) only serves to discredit the UFO community, so conspiracists would say that's why they are encouraged to carry on with their project without being censured by anyone.

Last edited:
P

Parson

stanford scientists who actually studied gellar rather than debunking by watching tapes said what he does is real and warrants further investigation

that was a cheap shot

zhao

there are no accidents
phillip k dick beleived himself to be in telepathic contact with the Dogon via an early christian
, with a sort of telepathic time travel. dick thought the christian fish symbol was a corrupted version of the dogon's symbol the dogon he claimed to contact was one of the survivors of the crash that brought them to earth.

robert crumb did a comic about this, the whole gnostic episode of phillip k dick, here in its entirety:

http://www.philipkdickfans.com/weirdo.htm

P

Parson

i was just talking about pkdick

i was tellin krankissey about how he fancied himself to be a conduit and that he suspected he was not writing these books on his own

mms

sometimes
stanford scientists who actually studied gellar rather than debunking by watching tapes said what he does is real and warrants further investigation

that was a cheap shot

what are you talking about now?

who is gellar?

uri geller?

he has a long and interesting history, and himself believed he got his powers from what could be described as a ufo, but there is evidence of him cheating, sure everyone cheats sometimes granted.
But what are his powers?
He bends spoons for money and designs products for celebrity friends, is this a cosmic joke, the only thing this guy (if he does have some exclusive gifts ) does is bend fucking spoons for money, and works his way thru a channel of celebrities, who cares?
Sceptics call him a conjurer and they'd be right really.

I was illustrating the way a government in the us (according to him) called on him to ask for help about the middle east problem, an israeli spoon bender, or a religious 'miracle worker' if you like, someone who reinforces faith based irrational politics.

Last edited:

MATT MAson

BROADSIDE
Steven Greer is an MD from Virginia, who now does this full time, writes books etc. He has done well from the Disclosure Project, whether his motives are honorable or not that is a fact.

The reason I think it's credible/interesting are the other witnesses. They don't have anything to gain from this. They only lose in terms of credibility, if they are really from the armed forces, aerospace industry etc, (the alternative being all 400 of them are actors, some of whom are successfully impersonating famous Apollo astronauts).

I don't see how it's like a cult. They hold a conference around once a year, and all the witnesses told their story at the National Press Club and in film interviews. I don't think there is any membership scheme, hierarchy or anything like that. It's not like they meet once a week and pray to a giant Martian.

noel emits

I'm inclined to think that at least some of the testimonies must be for real. But even they don't know exactly what they've seen. The guy who talks about being shown pictures of a base on the far side of the moon sounds like he might have been the victim of NASA geek humour.

P

Parson

if there's no moon base over there why the fuck do people still call it the dark side of the moon

it ain't dark

we should have plenty of pics from over there

noel emits

If you worked at NASA you would wouldn't you? "Hey did I tell you about the alien moonbase? Oh shit I've said too much..."

I'll try some remote viewing later, have a look at what's there.

Last edited: