Coming to Australia

luka

hi. i'm coming to australia. dunno for how long. maybe years. see how it goes. if i don't like it i'll go new zealand and live there. i'm bored of england. i'm going to be in melbourne for a few weeks then i'm going sydney on a more long term thing.

tell me some good things that happen there. where can i get cheap noodles? what about a veggie burger with an egg in it. and beetroot?

(i'm actually not coming for another couple of months though(

John Doe

hi. i'm coming to australia. dunno for how long. maybe years. see how it goes. if i don't like it i'll go new zealand and live there. i'm bored of england. i'm going to be in melbourne for a few weeks then i'm going sydney on a more long term thing.

tell me some good things that happen there. where can i get cheap noodles? what about a veggie burger with an egg in it. and beetroot?

(i'm actually not coming for another couple of months though(

For top veggie burgers, once you get to Sydney, go to Laurie's Veggie Takeaway in Bondi (it's on the main road which leads from Bondi Junction to Bondi Beach, but the name escapes me momentarily). They're top. And Aussies have an obsession with putting beetroot on their burgers so you should be ok there.

Oh and take plenty of sunscreen. Sunscreen and keeping your beer cold are two top Australian cultural obsessions. Oh yes.

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
Veggie burger with egg? Not sure. But Brunswick St, Fitzroy is the place to go for good vege food and stuff. There's a nice takeaway fish and chip shop with an extensive vege menu at the bottom of Smith St too. Or you could join me and the missus on our monthly trip to by mock mat supplies from Box Hill. Vege satay = yum!

D84

Plenty of noodle bars and vegetarian places in Sydney. Drop me a PM closer to the time.

rob_giri

Dude,

Stay in Melbourne - Sydney is too big and too corporate and too sterile.......

Melbourne is the cultural capital of Australia - its 'where its at' so to speak

:)

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Melbourne is where it's at for culture, because we have shit weather.

Sydney is an over-priced city, but is a far more beautful city with better beaches, hence why Melbourne has a stronger culture.

Don't go to Brunswick St, as it's a post-boho yuppie-social project.

Go further west to Syndey road, there's also lots of cheap Arabic jonits with anti-Israel posters on the wall so all you Dissensans will get hard-ons for the place. You can even get Israeli food

If you want cheap noodles go to Victoria St. in Richmond.

Melbourne is a fantastic, multi-cultural city, and has one of the best rock scenes on the planet andf a fabulous quality of life.

You will never want to leave, unless yr Irish or something.

luka

yes, i'd say so. they've abandoned all their inhibitions. thrown off the class system. live in a perpetual summer and drink lager all day long.

luka

and theyve grown tall and broad shouldered and handsome too somehow or other, despite the runtish stock they sprung from

luka

new zealand was great. smoked amazing weed every single day. got introduced to mushrooms, lsd and crystal meth. made some great freinds. beautiful country. australia was more difficult. but they pay you loads of money there which is a big plus and some of the landscapes are stunning.