Trim - Soulfood

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I don't like the Turbulence one either, sorry people. I know what he's doing but the original is just fucking pure murderation. That tune was EVERYWHERE in London last year, it's weird to put it out now.

S

simon silverdollar

I'm not feeling any of the Radioclit stuff on that mixtape, but the rest is alot

yeah i'm not sure i see the point in the screwed and chopped 'when i'm ere'.

also, how come we're not talking about the guest MCs on 'soul food'? their names escape me now but some of them are seriously good...

viktorvaughn

also, how come we're not talking about the guest MCs on 'soul food'? their names escape me now but some of them are seriously good...

Yeah they are. Crunch (on that old skool rap style one i mentioned) seems excellent. And a guy called Slayer. Guess they are Bomb Squad people? I don't know if Trim is properly back in it though. On RWD someone mentioned they may have renamed themselves to Magic Circle? What an appalling name, sounds like a dungeons and dragons convention.

mms

sometimes

those two and notorious get the fast forward from me too.
anyone every talked to trim, i'm curious to know what he's liked, i saw him scrapping with a kid in fabric once when roll deep played.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
For me, it's "Practice Hours' on Trim's tape that just kills it. Are there any interviews with Danny Weed and Target anywhere?

john eden

male pale and stale
Somewhere on soulfood, Trim says his grandfather is Lee Van Cliff from Jamaica. I think.

Does anyone know more about this?

Is he actually talking about the 80s reggae deejay Lee Van Cliff/Cleef?

gabriel

The Heatwave
"lee van cliff him die as a crackhead" - super cat, 'nuff man a dead' (i think)

that's the only thing i've ever heard about him i think, i get the impression he didn't record much but had a good reputation as a live dj (mc)

Somewhere on soulfood, Trim says his grandfather is Lee Van Cliff from Jamaica. I think.

Does anyone know more about this?

Is he actually talking about the 80s reggae deejay Lee Van Cliff/Cleef?

on track 2, the gangsters skit, trim says,

my dADs Levine Clint from Jamaica
ask about him
he aint famous

so maybe not the dj mentioned above

john eden

male pale and stale
on track 2, the gangsters skit, trim says,

my dADs Levine Clint from Jamaica
ask about him
he aint famous

so maybe not the dj mentioned above

ah that's the bit I was on about, I'll listen to it more closely!

thanks - there is a proper reason for asking, I swear!

Immryr

i dont, its pretty cliche already. its also the kind of fraff that leads to people getting deals then putting out an album full of bad hip hop and grime-lite. i do, however, rate trim highly enough to think this isnt something he will do. i hope im right!

elgato

I just dont know
so if an idea has been expressed before it necessarily loses its value? obviously its not an original thought, but in my opinion it is still very positive. and it demonstrates an inquisitive and questioning mind, one which does not take the world around him at face value

having too much of an idea of what 'kind' of music one makes very often leads to sterility, and prescribing musical authenticity is backward looking - do you want another uk hip-hop?