Great 4x4 Garage

wise

bare BARE BONES
Everyone references the shift in garage when Jungle shifted to D&B in '95 but there was the also the earlier shift when a lot of people got fed up with the 'hardness' of Hardcore and made the transition.

I remember nights with slogans like 'Garage all night, strictly no Hardcore' on their flyers prob around '93.
This may have been when people like Grant Nelson made the shift?

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
No idea, nice though innit

Its a Stephanie Mills bootleg I think. I have a different one on a white somewhere too " I know we're living in the 80's..."
Nothing on discogs though and their search doesn't work as well since they rejiged the site

Yer man that uploaded reckons its RIP but then he thinks the other side might be Groove Chronicles ??

mms

sometimes
Everyone references the shift in garage when Jungle shifted to D&B in '95 but there was the also the earlier shift when a lot of people got fed up with the 'hardness' of Hardcore and made the transition.

I remember nights with slogans like 'Garage all night, strictly no Hardcore' on their flyers prob around '93.
This may have been when people like Grant Nelson made the shift?

yeah there were house and garage nights around on alternate weeks to hardcore nights when i were a lad, not speed garage etc, but loads of those tracks just got sped up or reversioned later on, also there were masses of people, especially in the North who didn't do hardcore, you just got to look at cream etc, + all that second gen chicago stuff like relief, then the wildpitch stuff and strictly rhythm, that was all massive and what was written about alot in the music press too, who kinda ignored hardcore and drum and bass to begin with too, until bukem etc.

Last edited:

wise

bare BARE BONES
yeah there were house and garage nights around on alternate weeks to hardcore nights when i were a lad, not speed garage etc, but loads of those tracks just got sped up or reversioned later on, also there were masses of people, especially in the North who didn't do hardcore, you just got to look at cream etc, + all that second gen chicago stuff like relief, then the wildpitch stuff and strictly rhythm, that was all massive and what was written about alot in the music press too, who kinda ignored hardcore and drum and bass to begin with too, until bukem etc.

I remember Mixmag having a hardcore/jungle reviews section but the reviews were always negative just taking the piss out of the tracks for being 'stupid'

A deep RIP productions cover of Sima's 'Give You Myself'

This guy out-Todd's Todd, not sure what else he got up to but this EP was on Matt Jam Lamont's label

Drama

outraygeous

from what I think, UK Garage was US garage but the dubbed tracks and pitched up.

Im sure people were making their own tracks to mix with these so the bpm might of shifted up because of that.

The guys from jungle got into Garage later on, they co-existed. Sunday was garage day on rinse 91.8 and the rest of the schedule was jungle.

RIP sampled the Dread Bass bassline and knocked up ripgroove in 4 hours and it blew up. Guessing from the dubplate scene and then it first appeared on the RIP double pack I think.

Jungle heads, who are always the ones who cross genres must of seen some money in it and got involved. Tina Moores Never let you go must of helped with the jungle heads being able to make stuff that wasnt heavy shuffle 4/4.

Then 2 step came about and the rest is history untill the jungle boys (zinc, hype) came back for the breakbeat era.

Benny Bunter

This guy out-Todd's Todd,

]

Mutual respec' business...

I don't own this one but I wish I did. So many of these Todd tracks teeter on the edge of total cacophany, but then the track will lurch into one of those key changes and your heart melts all over again,

Last edited:

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
!!!

United Vibes 14th November: Old School 4 to the Floor special

Ramsey and Fen- "Over"
MJ Cole and Greg Stainer- "Weakness"
RIP- "Players"
Veda Simpson- "Ohh baby" (Todd Edwards Dub)
DJ Speedy- "The Harder They Come"
Part II- "Need You" (Original Mix)
Daniel Ward- "Jade Blues"
Ordinary People- "Keep Your Love Away"
Tuff Jam- "Testify"
The B15 Project- "Feels So Good" (EZ More To The Floor Remix)
187 Lockdown- "Playin Around" (Nu Birth Remix)
Smokin Beats- "Look Who's Loving Me"
Brasstooth- "I Can't Quite Understand"
Jocelyn Enriquez- "A Little Bit Of Ecstacy" (Booker T Remix)
D'Influence- "Falling" (Booker T Remix)
Nu Birth- "Anytime" (Tuff Jam Remix)
RIP- ?
24hr Experience- "Take Me Up To Red"
Sound Effects- "No Man" (Club Aslylum Remix)
New Horizons- "Inspiration"
New Horizons- "Put Your Mouth On me"
Anthill Mob- ?
Lee Pragnell and Baffled- "Be The One"
RIP- "Move To Jersey"
Baffled- "Going On"
Sound Of One- "As I Am" (Todd Edwards Remix)
Big Bird- "Flav"
Tuff Jam- "Spread Love"
MVP- "Pray"
Ray Hurley- "Believe In Me"
Underground Assasins- "Love In"
24hr Experience- "Straight From The Heart"
Daniel Ward and Hermit- "Step To It"
Todd Edwards- "Sunshine
??-??
Louie Vega and Kenny Gonzalez- "Deep Inside"
Daniel Ward- "Feel The Music"
Anthill Mob- "X2C"
Gerideau- "R Love " (Tuff Jam Remix)
The Messenger- "Main Vibe" (Todd Edwards Remix)
??-??
Tuff Jam- "Key Dub"
Sly Paul- "Crazy"
Groove Chronicles- "Voices"
Todd Edwards- "Shut The Door"
Part II- "Keep Up"
??-?? (G.O.D 4 EP)
RIP- "Burning Up"
Smokin Beats- "Jazz House (Dope Mix)
24 hr Experience- "Need A Man"
The Jam Experience- "Give Me Love"
??-??