paolo

Mechanical phantoms
The Future Bass compilation is pretty good. A few fairly average tunes but some gems as well. The Mala track is a real grower

gumdrops

just read john legend is on the magnetic man album! quite interested to hear what thats like. very surprising coupling (though i think theyre both on sony so maybe not so hard to hook up).

Last edited:

yaga

Like A Dungeon Dragon
Great thread.

And no, I don't count the stuff where he's working with people. Because save the Four Tet stuff, that was all "Let me throw in Burial, and have him make a BURIAL SONG."; not "I'm going to collaborate".

There was a track he did with Goldie (called Diety) that got played on a Metalheadz podcast that sounded like a legit collaboration to me, & if you haven't heard the track Prophecy he did with El-B then you should (out this year on Thriller Funk, on El-B & J Da Flex's Nu Levels album).

I actually prefer it over the FourTet release.

gumdrops

im prob missing a few great gems but everything burials done since those first 2-3 eps and the first album has just seemed inessential to me.

hucks

Your Message Here
The El-b collab is awful.

I love it. Reminds me of Metalheadz, and those amazing Krust tracks which went on for ever (Soul in Motion, Genetic Manipulation maybe?). Also, I'm not sure it is an El-B collab - it's not listed as such on the album.

Anyway, what has Burial actually done recently? If we're talking "save the Fourtet stuff", which I really liked, there was what, Breakage? That was a pretty half arsed track, tbf. And there wasn't any new stuf on the Kode9 mix either, just lots of rain noise. And three amazing Brandy 2 Step mixes.