Phaedo

I dont get the feeling its going to sound particularly Cuban or particularly different from his usual sound. more of just a whole heap of new sounds for him to use, i could be wrong though.

either way, looks like its gonna be great

nomos

Administrator
Zest-DubShirt.jpg

Leo

from skream's fb page

It's pointless people trying to argue with me about Dubstep and the change that has happened over the last couple years....Its the biggest its ever been, I'm happy about that, why aren't you? Is Dubstep your child? Is it something you can put your name to? Why do you feel you have to spend so much time arguing about it? Mala is Mala, Skrillex is Skrillex.....End of..Good night....

rrrivero

from skream's fb page
sure, if the popularity of Skrillex was in any way trickling down onto guys like Mala, I'd be stoked as well, but that just doesn't seem like the case. It's true dubstep is nobody's child, and even if it were, who are we to say how it should be behaving, but we do have a legitimate goddamn reason to at least be somewhat sad that the sound we love is being overshadowed by a variant that does nothing for us. I am nobody to tell Skream what he should be producing, but I have a right not to like what I hear and be vocal about it. That's not arguing either, that's just reacting like a normal human being

Local Authority

bitch city
Didn't DMZ lose the Mass, or decide to find a new venue? So the rumour goes anyway.

Its probably been a topic that has made the rounds before but I don't understand why people still decide to harp on about their beloved Dubstep being ruined by Skrillex and his ilk. I'm sure Mala isn't being payed a handful of pennies anymore, probably far from considering these days an artist with a forthcoming release/one release to his name can cost £500 + travel/accomodation. Skrillex isn't stopping Mala from producing music, playing out or making a decent living.

Its not even like Skrillex is taking the crowds away from DMZ or 'deep' dubstep. 14 year old kids that listen to chart music will still listen to Skrillex and the 'underground' will still listen to DMZ. The only cross over is in name, other then that the two things are worlds apart.

The biggest threat to dubstep is people on forums that complain and bitch about everything. So it would seem, anyway. Does anyone remember when Quest and a few others decided to announce their retirement on DSF a couple of years ago?

Pandiculate

Didn't DMZ lose the Mass, or decide to find a new venue? So the rumour goes anyway.

Its probably been a topic that has made the rounds before but I don't understand why people still decide to harp on about their beloved Dubstep being ruined by Skrillex and his ilk. I'm sure Mala isn't being payed a handful of pennies anymore, probably far from considering these days an artist with a forthcoming release/one release to his name can cost £500 + travel/accomodation. Skrillex isn't stopping Mala from producing music, playing out or making a decent living.

Its not even like Skrillex is taking the crowds away from DMZ or 'deep' dubstep. 14 year old kids that listen to chart music will still listen to Skrillex and the 'underground' will still listen to DMZ. The only cross over is in name, other then that the two things are worlds apart.

The biggest threat to dubstep is people on forums that complain and bitch about everything. So it would seem, anyway. Does anyone remember when Quest and a few others decided to announce their retirement on DSF a couple of years ago?

It just makes me hesitate to say Dubstep when someone asks what kind of music I like, had a drunken Australian berate me for it before