mms

sometimes
blackdowns set was great, esp about the last 5 tunes, stellar.
Kode 9 just made a point how unwhelming most dubstep is at the moment, absolutley killer set, lol at the twats at fwd shouting play some dubstep.

BareBones

wheezy
were people really shouting that? i didn't hear that at all. ditto on blackdown's set, got so heavy towards the end. and kode 9 smashed it, some of those tunes sounded unbelievable on the pp system... ie the tune at 18mins on tanadan's d/l - what is this? the one before loser?

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Broadcasting FWD is such a fantastic idea, and so warmly received by me since I can't attend it myself. I hope they do this for all the Rinse related club nights. Really great tunes played, and I liked how difficult Flying Lotus made it for Crazy D to ruin his set like he does everybody else's.

That guy should count his blessings every single time he gets booked. So shit. Out to those who are physically fit. Wiggle a tit. Ongulus bongulus.

Last edited:

BareBones

wheezy
that was hillarious, i couldnt decide if it was ironic or not. i wonder if it made 9 even more determined not to play any "dubstep". that'll learn 'em...

dude, that focus vip you played at the end of your set sounded incredible. A keysound release sometime perhaps?

So before i download this did they eventually stream any of el-b and Dusk & Blackdown? Listened to Kode9, greatset, need to id that silkie and quest tune, how good is Bad Science! FlyLo played great tunes but his set was a bit of a mess, no momentum.. then it went into "ladiiieeess HOUSE AND FUNKY, vip, shirts and shoes, police for your safety!" onandonandon.. why is every funky rave a birthday party!?

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
that was a good night. My first ever FWD. And I had 4 tunes played :)

soundclash did pretty good in bristol. probably played it a bit too early. at FWD it was... well, that tune was made for FWD. crowd were moshing just like jamie vexd said they do. dusk's mix into that mad broken thing from silkie was PERFECT. then focus vip... awesome, never heard that before.

Kode was ace. Loser sounded fab, hyped the crowd, then into black sun as usual.

Feel very privileged today! Very happy.

Wasn't el b good!

Alfons

Way of the future
two tune id's if anyone knows them:
one at 35:00 sort of techno sounding funky riff

and the crazy synth riff one at around 42:00 after the martyn tune

tons of goodness in Kode's set

faustus

i will be very happy if there is a tune this year i like more than the dusk and blackdown remix of bullet a go fly. release please :)

hucks

Your Message Here
So what did El-B play?

Some new stuff but plenty off the Roots Of comp, too. From what I heard, as he was on first so I only caught the end of his set. No idea why he was on first at his own launch night...

Also, I was expecting a big queue and there wasn't one at all.

faustus

the most recent brackles rinse podcast is heaaavy. loads of new martin kemp stuff, funky, that tune 'innami' which is pretty banging, and then lots of todd edwards to finish. what more could u ask for?

hint

party record with a siren
two tune id's if anyone knows them:
one at 35:00 sort of techno sounding funky riff

At 35 that's the keys from the previous tune:
24 Hour Experience - "Together"

But he's mixing in the drums from the next tune:
Karizma - "Twyst This"