drug warning stories

S

simon silverdollar

no, the whole baggy pants rap-metal thing was huge; particularly in 'provincial' cities like manchester and liverpool. in the early 00s Kerrang magazine, the bible for that sort of music, was far more successful than NME in the UK.

N

nomadologist

re: drugs and relationships

I was seeing a girl for a while that just wanted to stay in every night and smoke weed. God, she was boring.

i've "dated" all manner of drug addict, but the absolute worst were stoners. they didn't want to do *anything* but smoke weed.

N

nomadologist

no, the whole baggy pants rap-metal thing was huge; particularly in 'provincial' cities like manchester and liverpool. in the early 00s Kerrang magazine, the bible for that sort of music, was far more successful than NME in the UK.

wow, i'm sorry!

remember kid rock? did he hit it big over there?

S

simon silverdollar

not so much. i think if anything he was TOO authentically hiphop!

it was mainly limp bizkit, korn and linkin park. and then the complete also-rans like alien ant farm.

i actually stand-by the first korn album as pretty decent. but that's another story, and one that i'm not particularly proud of.

swears

preppy-kei
stoner girl's routine: Go to uni, come home, do some coursework, have a tin of soup really slowly so it goes cold, smoke weed whilst listening to Belle and Sebastian or something lame like that, fall asleep on couch, repeat...it was sort of cute at first.

nu metal: the only music I ever enjoyed ironically, that "All in the family" song used to crease me up with the "dark lyrics" and shit pseudo hip hop beats.
Moshers are some of the nicest young people around by me though, I have to admit.

Canada J Soup

Monkey Man
aw. it is probably better this way, if it wasn't working out. coke definitely induces a lot of fighting within a relationship...or just makes people have a lot of rage outbursts in general

I think alcohol was the biggest issue. The other things were almost incidental. The worst of it is seeing someone who you thought had the same relationship with these things as yourself - likes them, does them when it's fun, walks away when it isn't fun anymore or starts to cause problems beyond feeling shitty the next morning - can't or won't do the walking away bit.

I know I'm better off, but I had hoped we both could be. :slanted:

N

nomadologist

stoner girl's routine: Go to uni, come home, do some coursework, have a tin of soup really slowly so it goes cold, smoke weed whilst listening to Belle and Sebastian or something lame like that, fall asleep on couch, repeat...it was sort of cute at first.

nu metal: the only music I ever enjoyed ironically, that "All in the family" song used to crease me up with the "dark lyrics" and shit pseudo hip hop beats.
Moshers are some of the nicest young people around by me though, I have to admit.

your stoner girl sounds like 90% of all the college kids i knew

what's a mosher?

N

nomadologist

I think alcohol was the biggest issue. The other things were almost incidental. The worst of it is seeing someone who you thought had the same relationship with these things as yourself - likes them, does them when it's fun, walks away when it isn't fun anymore or starts to cause problems beyond feeling shitty the next morning - can't or won't do the walking away bit.

I know I'm better off, but I had hoped we both could be. :slanted:

alcoholism is really tough to watch progress in someone. sorry to hear that. maybe someday she'll get better?

swears

preppy-kei
A mosher is a metalhead, mostly associated with post Nirvana-stuff/nu-metal around here. I'm not sure if all the old-school Motorhead/Black Sabbath people would refer to themselves that way though.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Thinking back to music I adored as a teenager, it saddens me to think that if Nirvana were around today they would in all probability be pigeonholed as 'emo'. :(:(:(

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
Also, everywhere has to have at least some coke, otherwise what are all the food/bar service employees gonna do?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
there was this really bad rock club that i used to go to when i was 16 and leaving near manchester- can't remember the name of it for the life of me, but it'sthe really famous one. ritzy's, or something?

anyway, there was like a tunnel bit of it where all the drug casualties went to flop around, and once we saw a really fucked girl there bite open a glowstick. it was all dribbling down her chin. quite a sight.

the things people do to have fun, eh?

Ha that'd be the Ritz. I can totally see how glosticks would become delicious tempting sweeties under a certain, um, light.

My mate sniffed UV paint powder once so he'd glow from the inside. Didn't work though. Shame.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
My mate sniffed UV paint powder once so he'd glow from the inside. Didn't work though. Shame.

Haha, awesome. If he was fucked enough to do that perhaps he could see himself glowing and didn't care if no-one else could?

Last edited:
N

nomadologist

albadf9.jpg

maybe he thought he'd look like Alba the GFP bunny

petergunn

plywood violin
A mosher is a metalhead, mostly associated with post Nirvana-stuff/nu-metal around here. I'm not sure if all the old-school Motorhead/Black Sabbath people would refer to themselves that way though.

CAUGHT IN A MOSH!

huh, i never heard the term "mosher" used to describe people as a label...

comes from "moshing" (in the "mosh pit'), what metalheads started calling slamdancing in the mid to late 80's...

so, i doubt Motorhead/Sabbath people would use it, as they predate the term... when i hear "moshing", i think Anthrax/Slayer type vibes... actually the mosh pits at Slayers show at LA back in the day were supposed to practically lethal...