Big Brother: breaking news, lies, gossip, slander, etc.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
WHY DOESN'T THIS THREAD EXIST YET.

I just moved back to England and Big Brother is all I care about.

Charley is up for eviction tonight against Tracey. Even though I would prefer Tracey to go because she is about as interesting as watching a granny get older, and also because Charley is probably the best one in terms of the human experiment aspect of the programme, it is definate Charley leaves tonight.

Really though I think it's a good time for her to go. She did her thing, developed a little bit, and caused a lot of conflict in the house just in time to bow out leaving everyone else to have to nominate someone other than her every week. It'll get really interesting now watching everyone have to think on their feet a bit. Carole is so nominated next week. And Carole is a favourite! See - its all shit or get off the pot now.

Discussion to include: Favourites, least favourites, predictions, crass judgement of character based upon physical appearance, and why you're a lustless wanker who doesn't like Big Brother.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Oh shut it.

Clearly you weren't watching on Friday when they added five new people to another section of the house, one of whom is a 36 year old man who is obsessed with hand puppets and teddy bears, laughs maniacally at his own jokes, is 36 years old and still a virgin, and outwardly into spanking.

swears

preppy-kei
I'm a lustless wanker who doesn't like Big Brother. There was a really good anti-BB article written by Will Self in the Independent when the first series started back in '00.

tox

Factory Girl
I only lost interest in the last couple of years really.

Caught a couple of the early shows this series, but having missed a week I suddenly didn't recognise the majority of people in there. They seem to be adding and getting rid of people at a rate of knots.

I think the show really took a dive when they started messing about with the game formula. The pure last man standing format of the original was interesting enough imo. People create their own devious plans without Big Brother having to mess about with the end goal and shape the show with silly twists...

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Oh shut it.

Clearly you weren't watching on Friday when they added five new people to another section of the house, one of whom is a 36 year old man who is obsessed with hand puppets and teddy bears, laughs maniacally at his own jokes, is 36 years old and still a virgin, and outwardly into spanking.

Ok I take it back, he sounds cool. I wish they'd pick people randomly out of a hat though rather than pick the unusual ones.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I only lost interest in the last couple of years really.

Caught a couple of the early shows this series, but having missed a week I suddenly didn't recognise the majority of people in there. They seem to be adding and getting rid of people at a rate of knots.

I think the show really took a dive when they started messing about with the game formula. The pure last man standing format of the original was interesting enough imo. People create their own devious plans without Big Brother having to mess about with the end goal and shape the show with silly twists...

I haven't seen previous series, but I like the programme because it's interesting to see all those people so isolated and cut off from the world. I find it very absorbing to watch these people struggle to socialize and project themselves the way they do in their own families and social groups, and then slowly start to realize it is totally futile because their previous stature doesn't mean anything when it comes to the internal politics of the house.

Another reason I like it so much is because I'm watching a load of people that my own social group and upbringing would have me dislike if I met them in person, but on Big Brother you begin to like them as certain immediately un-noticeable traits of their personalities actually make a huge difference in the overall effect on the house. A perfect example are the twins, Amanda and Sam, who are Paris Hilton clones, and mind-blowingly thick, but incredibly endearing in how positive they are, and for that same reason, holding together the sanity of the house and resolving a lot of conflict.

I also really like how the politics and personalities and alliances change dramatically when the housemates are made increasingly aware of the fact they are on television. It's a really fascinating duality between the isolated nature of the house bringing out really honest depictions of the housemates' characters, and the moments of awareness that they are being watched by an invisible public and that they are involved in a competition, making them want to project themselves, customize their personalities, strategize, and appeal to a large body of people they don't know, or have no way of communicating with.

Maybe it is so interesting to me because it is also so new, having not seen previous seasons. I wouldn't agree with anybody saying there is no value in this programme though.

Last edited: