Tinchy Stryder

viktorvaughn

Most similar in aspect to - Mercston 'Da End of Da Beginning'?

Summery, poppish but with bits of faded remorse or threat.

I would have liked the produced to be harder/rougher. And what's with that stormin 4/4 one (Dance 4 Now)?

So there are some good bits in, though a few fairly uninspiring things too.

I think I should stop living in hope and just accept that not a single Grime album 'proper' (still don't understand the distinctions) will ever capture it's full energy and greatness.

mos dan

fact music
I think I should stop living in hope and just accept that not a single Grime album 'proper' (still don't understand the distinctions) will ever capture it's full energy and greatness.

no one Clash album ever captured their energy or greatness, but that doesn't mean they aren't the greatest band of all time, because they are.

'ruff sqwad 4 eva' - i'll drink to that. those lads haven't stopped impressing me in years now, it's amazing really...

gumdrops

finally heard this.... its good actually. but its not a grime album as such, by and large. its sort of in the middle between hip hop and grime (generally leaning more towards hip hop, just with a few little grime quirks here and there). sort of like tinchys maths and english.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Then again after hearing Kano's London Town sampler, I'm more inclined to say that Diz did just make a grime album.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Just picked up the new Stryder album and the verdict is: it is a lot.

More on this later when I'm not wasting time at my place of employment. I encourage everyone to buy it right now, and read about it later.

PS: I picked up a VICE magazine recently, and their coverage of grime and dubstep is appalling. This record got a 4/10 followed by the most ridiculous 4 sentence review of broad sweeping generalizations and ridiculous conjectures. This is surprising because I know two of the writers at VICE for this kind of thing and I can say that one of them is a very bright geezer (I don't know the other personally). I reckon he didn't write that review. Then again, complaining about VICE being uninsightful, boring, ignorant, under-researched, and overly-opinionated in spite of all of this is basically like complaining that shit stinks.

Last edited: