jenks

thread death
Man Utd/Liverpool final?

Obviously a very parochial view but if they carry on with current cup form it wouldn't be a bad end to an interesting tournament. Although it is so much easier to play a side with only ten men for half the matches!

Roma will be a much tougher prospect this time round, whilst i think Liverpool/Arsenal (with them also meeting in the league in between their two matches) could be the end of the youngsters campaign - think they play so close to going off big time - Eboue, Adebeyor, Traore all have the capability to get themselves sent off in nearly every match i have seen them play. I can see the 'pool locking Cesc down.

I have, of course, been wildly wrong before! alos i have entirely ignored Chelsea's chances and Brca's, which is very foolish

hucks

Your Message Here
Man U beat Roma at home and drew away in the group stage. They hammered Roma in the quarters last season.

Am I alone in thinking this has Roma win written all over it?

jenks

thread death
I think Liverpool could do Utd in the final - Torres is on fire and I think Mascerano is just getting better and that's without the Stevie G factor.

Then again I stand next to my mate Dave in the pub for every Liverpool match and I would say that!

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Roma will be a much tougher prospect this time round"
They were a tough prospect last time until a few minutes into the second leg. I think that although there is no doubt that United are the superior side, Roma is the worst draw for them, they will be up for it big time. Then again that's what I thought when they were drawn in the same group and it was a bit of a damp squib.

"Barca v Man Yoo shd be some semi. On paper both teams have about 8 goals each in them, so expect a 0-0 and 1-0."
IF United can get past Roma again and Barca can qualify then that will truly be a game to get excited about. I can't see how there can help but be loads of goals.

I reckon that any match up between two English sides can pretty much go either way, it's just about who does it on the day.

vimothy

yurp
God, but we fucking rule. What a game that was.

ronaldo_21809t.jpg

Bring it on, Roma!

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I think that although there is no doubt that United are the superior side, Roma is the worst draw for them, they will be up for it big time."
Looks as though I was wrong. Seems that however much they are up for it and however hard they huff and puff United are simply too strong for Roma. They had a bit of a go at the start of the second half but only managed to force one save in the whole match.
Anyone see the game yesterday? Quite entertaining for the neutral, this was one of the best football moments I've seen for ages

I just can't stop watching that - what was he thinking?

crackerjack

At least Arse now know what Bendtner is good at. Expect to see him in defence next year, with Senderos in the role of crap lump-it-up-to-him sub forward.

I predicted a 1-1 last night, with a 0-0 to follow next week. So long as Liverpool keep it ugly they'll be OK :D

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
Arsenal are going ahhht at Anfield me thinks.

Arsenal have got a massive weakness in attacking at pace which Liverpool exploited. I don't think I've seen Arsenal score on the break since Henry left.

tom pr

That is quite a lovely picture, to be fair. not as lovely as this:

lampard%20100%20not%20out.jpg

but few things would be. maybe seeing the back of Avram.

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
:D I'll second that...but it won't happen for another season, methinks. :( Then again...when we beat the smelly Red Devils in the final...:D)