IdleRich

IdleRich
Ha ha.... is that the pitch just north of Hoxton on the West side of the road? I used to play there at one point if so. Surface was terrible then though.

entertainment

It's looking better. Possession play and general fitness and attitude of the team have improved, but they still need to slot in place with eachother in attack. Left side is completely dead when Griezmann is out there.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
interestingly in betting terms the second round of the CL is very well poised. I can't remember a round where there were so few clear favourites. Bayern Munich are apparently clearest favourites at odds on to win away at Chelsea, but there's no way that's cut and dried given the history

edit: ah no, I guess Lyon v Juventus is only going to go one way, although Lyon were excellent vs City last season

IdleRich

IdleRich
There are some interesting match-ups for sure, no idea who will win Real v City. I think Atletico are not as good as they have been so you gotta think they will struggle against this Liverpool.

entertainment

I think City will advance. Zidane's team has that x-factor but as La Real just showed us, a clever, well-organized side can do them in.

I have no idea about Bayern this season.

IdleRich

IdleRich
It's a classic stingy defence meets free-scoring attack match-up. City v Real I mean.
Bayern, I don't know either, I watched a bit of 'em vs Leipzig on the weekend and I was surprised at how sloppy some of the passing was. Sure they will be better than that though although I don't think they are on the level of the team that dicked on Barcelona and won the thing six or seven years back.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
The Bayern that slaughtered Spurs could turn up - they're rarely bad in Europe, which is why when Liverpool beat them so clinically en route to the 2018 final, it was a real statement of intent

For some reason I think Liverpool might struggle vs Atletico. Based on absolutely nothing except watching how Koulibaly and Manolas (and no doubt some v good tactics) neutered Liverpool in the Napoli game/s. Atletico have still only conceded 15 times in 23 games, despite being on a downward trend.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I think Liverpool will win but I'm putting that at 70-30, far from a certainty, just that they start as favourites, which is not unreasonable for the team that leads the prem by twenty-something points and is the current European Champion.

entertainment

yikes, if Pep leaves in the summer along with key players, this could be a great undoing.

Looks like they'll appeal. Could be the end of this financial fair play thing as well.