high finance and its malcontents, occult fantasies

Leo

This Silicon Valley Bank situation is also typical in that top executives sold millions of dollars of their shares in the weeks leading up to the default, and they also paid out their bonuses last Friday morning, hours before the government shut the bank down.

sufi

lala
This Silicon Valley Bank situation is also typical in that top executives sold millions of dollars of their shares in the weeks leading up to the default, and they also paid out their bonuses last Friday morning, hours before the government shut the bank down.
Time to sell your Credit Suisse quick smart

Leo

I've been reading for awhile, like for the past couple of years, that they were in bad shape. Hopefully just a blip, so many times there's terrible financial news, the market dives, and then regains all the lost points in a month (sometimes the next day). So much of it is just gambling as opposed to investing in businesses. No wonder the world hates the elites!

version

"Credit Suisse should have failed like 5 times. At a certain point you need to separate yourself from the crimes and just enjoy true artists at the top of their game."

😂

version

eurosport-sport.gif

sufi

lala
three-way doom loop is surely some occult business

IdleRich

IdleRich
In 1977, a Ferrari owner offloaded his 1962 250 GTO because his wife complained it was too noisy, recounts Andrea Modena, head of Ferrari's classic car division. It was either her or the car.
"Nowadays, I'm not sure the wife would have won out."

Reminds me of my friend when I worked in the city who bought a Ferrari. It was a constant source of argument between him and his wife. For starters it only had two seats and as the kids were deemed too young to leave at home alone he could never take her with him if he went for a spin. So she almost never went in it. I remember her saying exasperated with respect to the car "Liam is a complicated guy" and he said "I wanted to buy a Ferrari, I got enough money to buy a Ferrari and so I bought a Ferrari - what's complicated about that?" which seemed reasonable to me... he finally sold it after a few years and recorded a video with sad music playing of it being towed out of his garage with some words saying farewell and containing far more emotion in them than I'd ever seen him demonstrate towards her.

She didn't actually record a happy version of the same incident but she easily might have done.