BareBones

wheezy
well they have to make sure that all the hype has died down and that people have got bored of hearing the tune before they release it don't they... that's business

hint

party record with a siren
It's timed to fit with the end of the holiday season I imagine. All part of the plan.

People coming back from Aiya Napa / Malia etc, where the track will have been on heavy rotation. It's usually the way the majors handle summer anthems, isn't it?

alex

Do not read this.
pshh, dont expect me to buy it, whats the fucking point when its been kaned to peices for 6 months...i h8 majors

hint

pshh, dont expect me to buy it, whats the fucking point when its been kaned to peices for 6 months...i h8 majors

Not everyone sits on the internet picking apart pirate rips. As far as breaking underground tracks to a wider audience goes, this is par for the course. At least it will be readily available for a reasonable price when it does finally drop.

If you're gonna hate anyone for the way it's turned out, hate Fuzzy Logik for signing it over in the first place. (You shouldn't do this, though, cos Fuzzy Logik is ace).

alex

Do not read this.
not hating, it's a good tune, big up's to F/L & Egypt for getting it signed to a major...

it's just long finally getting something that has been doing the rounds for at least 6 months...biggup though

hint

Yeah but hint where are you getting your info on the release other than the juno chart?

What do you mean?

Think someone confirms upthread that it's coming out in late August / September and that it's signed to a major.

massrock

Dunno about confirmed, I think Dave said he heard a rumour.

Anyway, looks like it's coming out on Virgin/Relentless possibly which makes sense.

anyone have any idea if Geiom's No More Tears/Eyl Booty is gonna see a digi release?

It's absolutely one of my favorite 12"s of the year but I'm without a record player for the summer and it's killinnnnnnggg mee...

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I've gotta say that Moony track is wicked. I'm not even aware of his grime production. The funky-styled Geiom track on that release mentioned is quite good but I can't stand the flip. It's like some really watered down and lifeless take on '97 garage.

alex

Do not read this.
I've gotta say that Moony track is wicked. I'm not even aware of his grime production. The funky-styled Geiom track on that release mentioned is quite good but I can't stand the flip. It's like some really watered down and lifeless take on '97 garage.

have to disagree, "no more tears" is one of the tunes of 2009 for me..proper roller.

Geiom is probably one of the best producers in Dubstep, so versatile.

His "Hem" alias is a really nice thing right now, I have a few bits he is planning to release in the winter, wonkd-to-fuck...

alex

Do not read this.
if anyone else is thinking of boycotting the "Surface Tension" imprint, dont just yet, listen to the Geiom Mix of Atrium on the latest release, a little crowded, but ridiculously sick nonetheless!!

contango

It's a real shame about Sami Sanchez. Dirty Trumpet is such big tune and now I guess it won't get a release for quite some time. Hope he gets well soon

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Great producer, Moony. Got a lot more stuff sitting around, I'd expect you'll be hearing a bit more from him soon enough.

His grime stuff is very good as well.

(Yeah I'm biased but it's still true).

I just checked his myspace for grime beats and it sounds like a completely different producer. All the ones he's got up right now are fucking boring. This funky one is so good though!