Simon78

ALL about the bside to this.
http://www.uptownrecords.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=3881

the bside of the sticky one is quite crap imo.

Yeah, I think the b-side lasted about 5 seconds on my turntable until I went back to the Jameirah Riddim.

I only rated the B-Side to that Dark Knights one as well. My ripp has got way too much treble on it and I recorded it flat so I can't really play it. I think I will have to try again.

I got a Dark Knight TP the other day and it sounds very similar to Broken Beats. I can't remember what it is called though.

Simon78

Just found a video of the Its Alot magazine launch with that tune that samples Godzilla I was on about. Its also got the Riddim Box VIP on there.

Unfortunately I make a few appearances. You couldn't escape form the cameras, they were everywhere.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Blackdown

nexKeysound
your link dont work Boom :(

who else is feeling the grime/funky hybrids Ghetto "Came in the Game" and Maxwell D's "Blackberry Hype", both produced by Lil Silva? both sick imo.

Simon78

Maxwell D's "Blackberry Hype"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ghetts Came In The Game

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

They are ok. I will wait until I hear studio versions.

Yeah I don't really like the Ghetto one either. There's also a Skitz Beatz PAUG funky tune floating about, that one's alright.
It's the change in tide anyway really innit. Funky's got the "streets," grime hasn't, MCs will jump on anything..

I really wish I'd downloaded those D Double E funky sets from earlier in the year on Axe. Might have to pester Pablo for them.

Last edited:

moolac

Just found a video of the Its Alot magazine launch with that tune that samples Godzilla I was on about. Its also got the Riddim Box VIP on there.

Unfortunately I make a few appearances. You couldn't escape form the cameras, they were everywhere.

the first track you mean? if so i have that somewhere on my laptop.

samples pharaoh monche's simon says which sampled godzilla.

those new lil silva things are cool, thanks for posting.

Simon78

the first track you mean? if so i have that somewhere on my laptop.

samples pharaoh monche's simon says which sampled godzilla.

those new lil silva things are cool, thanks for posting.

Yeah, the first one. I really want to hear that tune out, hopefully Marcus Nasty plays it on Friday.

I would have preferred to hear a collaboration between Lil Silva & Ghetto/Maxwell D instead of just using Seasons & Different but I suppose they were doing them as specials for the Ras Kwame show.

Lil Silva's MSN was something like "stop spittin on my tune, you know who you are" recently. Not sure if its related to these or another MC though?

THE tune from the Mak10/Marcus Nasty mix is on DVA's new mix. Its near to the end before Frontline. Anyone know what the tune before that is called as well?
http://www.dubplate.net/rinse/podcasts/scratchapowerhouse3409.mp3

So, grime nerd question but is this Cooly G the same Cooly G who sings the hook on "Keep It Moving" from the Roadside Gs Keys 2 The Game mixtape?

It must be, right?