alex

Do not read this.
ez guys iv got a radio set that i did last week with loads of funky in it..would you want me to post it up here?

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
It's got lots of great bits in it, many of which I'm sure are just 2-3 minute sketches off cd, which is cool in itself. There's not quite the momentum of a marcus nasty set (who has improved hugely over the last six weeks or so) but fascinating ideas. I'm itching to make a new funky beat, haven't done one in over a week now...

Simon78

Anyone know what time Cooly G will be on at that Fact thing on Sunday in Camden? I think I am going to drop by for a bit.

Oh and the XTC Funky tune I was on about isn't a remix of Havana its Functions on da D-Low and its called Funkytions.

Simon78

It's got lots of great bits in it, many of which I'm sure are just 2-3 minute sketches off cd, which is cool in itself. There's not quite the momentum of a marcus nasty set (who has improved hugely over the last six weeks or so) but fascinating ideas. I'm itching to make a new funky beat, haven't done one in over a week now...

I was loving this set. I was listening to it on the bus and then walking around Wapping in the blazing heat.

I think I am going to have to beg for that "Big Fat Kick Drum" tune that Scratcha is playing at 2:16, its too good. It sounded so big at Dirty Canvas. What are peoples opinions on Jelly Roll? its playing at 57 minutes on this mix?

Cool radio show the other day Boomnoise. The comments section was nuts! I was logged in as Peckham Palace :D

Simon78

where can i hear this?

I haven't heard it played in any sets on radio anywhere, sorry.

Just comparing it to the original now and the lead synth sounds the same. The main bell/stab sound in the intro is different (not as good) then its obviously got a 4x4 beat and added bongos. The riff in the original goes all the way through the song but its in and out in the Funky mix, when its not in its sub, bongos and the bell/stab sound. Even though it is 4x4 it isn't heavy and just plods along really.

That Chinese sounding string instrument at the end of the original isn't in the remix either. Its not been mixed down yet, think its just a demo at the moment so it will probably change. It sounds exactly how I imagined Ruff Sqwad Funky would sound though and not like the stuff Rapid is writing at the moment.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

franz

non-love for Love Lockdown and the Funky cover version.

but yeah otherwise this fantastic 4 podcast is pretty nice. good to hear Malice drop Skanker, as i hadn't heard it in a while. do mixes of his ever pop up elsewhere?

I have a few of his recent shows on phatbeats.net i'll try to upload some tomorrow

That Ruff Sqwad tune is sick, I never knew it was a remix

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
I haven't heard it played in any sets on radio anywhere, sorry.

Just comparing it to the original now and the lead synth sounds the same. The main bell/stab sound in the intro is different (not as good) then its obviously got a 4x4 beat and added bongos. The riff in the original goes all the way through the song but its in and out in the Funky mix, when its not in its sub, bongos and the bell/stab sound. Even though it is 4x4 it isn't heavy and just plods along really.

That Chinese sounding string instrument at the end of the original isn't in the remix either. Its not been mixed down yet, think its just a demo at the moment so it will probably change. It sounds exactly how I imagined Ruff Sqwad Funky would sound though and not like the stuff Rapid is writing at the moment.

It's on XTC's myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/x2datizzle
Nice little tune, though not quite the original.