100 greatest Japanese albums

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
are reading the cope book too?
Yeah, scoffed it down in a few days. Actually the only one of those that was new to me at all was the Far East Family Band. Parallel World is a wonderful record, lovely to discover something like that. I've yet to track down anything by Tokyo Kid Brothers or JA Caeser but they sound really intriguing. The chapter on Speed Glue & Shinki had me properly ROFLing, so funny.

Woebot

Yeah, scoffed it down in a few days. Actually the only one of those that was new to me at all was the Far East Family Band. Parallel World is a wonderful record, lovely to discover something like that. I've yet to track down anything by Tokyo Kid Brothers or JA Caeser but they sound really intriguing. The chapter on Speed Glue & Shinki had me properly ROFLing, so funny.

he's very readable isn't he. he does lots of things as a reader that i disdain....so much padding out, masses of repetition, hyperbole beyond the point of reason but he's STILL fun and interesting.

i'm checking out the top ten. i already had a boot of the far out record and found the les raz discs on a private FTP site (i mean, its a bootleg already so wtf!)

have a look at this:
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=721#discography

one thing that does slightly baffle me is the way that "second division" stuff like the moody blues, late-period klaus schulze, blue cheer (sorry but vincebus ereptum is crap) suddenly becomes lauded. i suppose the best argument is that some kind of lead to gold transmogrification has taken place.

labrat

hot on the heels of love
three was a link to a jim backhouse/you are hear Jap Rock special on here a while ago anyone got a link?

tom pr

Speaking of Japanese rock, are any of you familiar with Dot(.)? I hadn't heard of them before but I picked up the split 12 they did with Hey Colossus from Rough Trade about a month ago and it's fantastic. Absurdly loud, and sounds as if it was recorded in a volcano or something, but somehow really addictive.. I think I listened to the whole thing three times the first day I had it.

Tweak Head

Do I have to do an Acid Mothers recommendations list?

Yes, please! They put out so much stuff in so many different guises we need help to sort the wheat from the chaff. AMT have been amongst both the worst and the best concerts I have ever seen. reminds me that I haven't seen them for a while ... msut check out whether they're coming around to London soon.